Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Using phone as Bluetooth trackpad for tablet

Is there an app that would let me use my phone as a Bluetooth trackpad for my tablet?

Sometimes when I'm switching from my laptop to my tablet I start to move my fingers on the table in front of the tablet and forget that there is no trackpad.

I know the Note Pro 12.2 supports using a Bluetooth mouse. What better mouse to use than the one you always have with you, your phone.

Does this sound like it would be useful?

The apps I see in Google Play that turn your phone into a remote mouse are designed for PC's, not tablets. They require an install on the PC to work (a server piece). Maybe I just have not found the right app yet.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app

Default Re: Using phone as Bluetooth trackpad for tablet

I couldn't find anything either. The closest I could find that might help is this: Bluetooth® Smart Controller for Android. I often see it on sale for around $12 on deal sites like 1sale.com and dailysteals.com.

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts

Have you considered a Bluetooth mouse. I have one that I use that paired quite nicely with the tablet and a Logitech keyboard.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by bpeter View Post
    Have you considered a Bluetooth mouse. I have one that I use that paired quite nicely with the tablet and a Logitech keyboard.
    Yes, I thought about that and it would work well, but then I'd have something else to carry.

A touch screen smartphone seems ideal to play the role of a trackpad and is about the same size that you would find on a MacBook Pro. Plus it could support multi-touch gestures (if the app supports it) such as two finger tap for a right-click, three finger swipe (left and right) to switch between screens, three finger swipe (up) for most recent apps list, etc.

Hmm, maybe I should write my own app if I can't find one.

Sounds intriguing. If this could be done without the need to have the screen of the phone on during use it would be great. I'd rather have a small bluetooth mouse in my bag than sacrifice battery life on my phone.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    50 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by goin_nil View Post
    Is there an app that would let me use my phone as a Bluetooth trackpad for my tablet?

Sometimes when I'm switching from my laptop to my tablet I start to move my fingers on the table in front of the tablet and forget that there is no trackpad.

I know the Note Pro 12.2 supports using a Bluetooth mouse. What better mouse to use than the one you always have with you, your phone.

Does this sound like it would be useful?

The apps I see in Google Play that turn your phone into a remote mouse are designed for PC's, not tablets. They require an install on the PC to work (a server piece). Maybe I just have not found the right app yet.

Oddly, blackberry did this well. On their ill-fated Playbook tablet, one could use the blackberry phone screen as a trackpad. Congratulations Canada!

Blackberry : 1
    Rest of Industry : 1,000,000,000
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by NickinVA View Post
    Blackberry : 1
    Rest of Industry : 1,000,000,000
    Ha! Good one.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by muzzy996 View Post
    I'd rather have a small bluetooth mouse in my bag than sacrifice battery life on my phone.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk
    Good point but my battery lasts two days so not a big concern for me. But, I could see that being a concern for most.