Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Using phone as Bluetooth trackpad for tablet

    Is there an app that would let me use my phone as a Bluetooth trackpad for my tablet?

    Sometimes when I'm switching from my laptop to my tablet I start to move my fingers on the table in front of the tablet and forget that there is no trackpad.

    I know the Note Pro 12.2 supports using a Bluetooth mouse. What better mouse to use than the one you always have with you, your phone.

    Does this sound like it would be useful?

    The apps I see in Google Play that turn your phone into a remote mouse are designed for PC's, not tablets. They require an install on the PC to work (a server piece). Maybe I just have not found the right app yet.

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Using phone as Bluetooth trackpad for tablet

    I couldn't find anything either. The closest I could find that might help is this: Bluetooth® Smart Controller for Android. I often see it on sale for around $12 on deal sites like 1sale.com and dailysteals.com.
  3. #3  
    bpeter's Avatar

    Posts
    39 Posts
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts

    Default Re: Using phone as Bluetooth trackpad for tablet

    Have you considered a Bluetooth mouse. I have one that I use that paired quite nicely with the tablet and a Logitech keyboard.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default Re: Using phone as Bluetooth trackpad for tablet

    Quote Originally Posted by bpeter View Post
    Have you considered a Bluetooth mouse. I have one that I use that paired quite nicely with the tablet and a Logitech keyboard.
    Yes, I thought about that and it would work well, but then I'd have something else to carry.

    A touch screen smartphone seems ideal to play the role of a trackpad and is about the same size that you would find on a MacBook Pro. Plus it could support multi-touch gestures (if the app supports it) such as two finger tap for a right-click, three finger swipe (left and right) to switch between screens, three finger swipe (up) for most recent apps list, etc.

    Hmm, maybe I should write my own app if I can't find one.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Using phone as Bluetooth trackpad for tablet

    Sounds intriguing. If this could be done without the need to have the screen of the phone on during use it would be great. I'd rather have a small bluetooth mouse in my bag than sacrifice battery life on my phone.

    Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk
  6. #6  
    NickinVA's Avatar

    Posts
    32 Posts
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts

    Default Re: Using phone as Bluetooth trackpad for tablet

    Quote Originally Posted by goin_nil View Post
    Is there an app that would let me use my phone as a Bluetooth trackpad for my tablet?

    Sometimes when I'm switching from my laptop to my tablet I start to move my fingers on the table in front of the tablet and forget that there is no trackpad.

    I know the Note Pro 12.2 supports using a Bluetooth mouse. What better mouse to use than the one you always have with you, your phone.

    Does this sound like it would be useful?

    The apps I see in Google Play that turn your phone into a remote mouse are designed for PC's, not tablets. They require an install on the PC to work (a server piece). Maybe I just have not found the right app yet.

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app
    Oddly, blackberry did this well. On their ill-fated Playbook tablet, one could use the blackberry phone screen as a trackpad. Congratulations Canada!

    Blackberry : 1
    Rest of Industry : 1,000,000,000
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: Using phone as Bluetooth trackpad for tablet

    Quote Originally Posted by NickinVA View Post
    Blackberry : 1
    Rest of Industry : 1,000,000,000
    Ha! Good one.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

    Default Re: Using phone as Bluetooth trackpad for tablet

    Quote Originally Posted by muzzy996 View Post
    I'd rather have a small bluetooth mouse in my bag than sacrifice battery life on my phone.

    Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk
    Good point but my battery lasts two days so not a big concern for me. But, I could see that being a concern for most.

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app

Similar Threads

  1. Does it make sense to buy a used HTC One M7?
    By adock22096 in forum HTC One
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 08-14-2014, 01:10 AM
  2. Annoying Notification on Bluetooth Connection
    By bthornton84 in forum Moto X (2013)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-02-2014, 06:23 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-02-2014, 12:02 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-01-2014, 06:21 PM

Posting Permissions