Using phone as Bluetooth trackpad for tablet

goin_nil

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Is there an app that would let me use my phone as a Bluetooth trackpad for my tablet?

Sometimes when I'm switching from my laptop to my tablet I start to move my fingers on the table in front of the tablet and forget that there is no trackpad.

I know the Note Pro 12.2 supports using a Bluetooth mouse. What better mouse to use than the one you always have with you, your phone.

Does this sound like it would be useful?

The apps I see in Google Play that turn your phone into a remote mouse are designed for PC's, not tablets. They require an install on the PC to work (a server piece). Maybe I just have not found the right app yet.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app

bpeter

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Have you considered a Bluetooth mouse. I have one that I use that paired quite nicely with the tablet and a Logitech keyboard.

goin_nil

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Have you considered a Bluetooth mouse. I have one that I use that paired quite nicely with the tablet and a Logitech keyboard.

Yes, I thought about that and it would work well, but then I'd have something else to carry.

A touch screen smartphone seems ideal to play the role of a trackpad and is about the same size that you would find on a MacBook Pro. Plus it could support multi-touch gestures (if the app supports it) such as two finger tap for a right-click, three finger swipe (left and right) to switch between screens, three finger swipe (up) for most recent apps list, etc.

Hmm, maybe I should write my own app if I can't find one.

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Sounds intriguing. If this could be done without the need to have the screen of the phone on during use it would be great. I'd rather have a small bluetooth mouse in my bag than sacrifice battery life on my phone.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

NickinVA

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Is there an app that would let me use my phone as a Bluetooth trackpad for my tablet?

Sometimes when I'm switching from my laptop to my tablet I start to move my fingers on the table in front of the tablet and forget that there is no trackpad.

I know the Note Pro 12.2 supports using a Bluetooth mouse. What better mouse to use than the one you always have with you, your phone.

The apps I see in Google Play that turn your phone into a remote mouse are designed for PC's, not tablets. They require an install on the PC to work (a server piece). Maybe I just have not found the right app yet.

Oddly, blackberry did this well. On their ill-fated Playbook tablet, one could use the blackberry phone screen as a trackpad. Congratulations Canada!

Blackberry : 1
Rest of Industry : 1,000,000,000

goin_nil

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I'd rather have a small bluetooth mouse in my bag than sacrifice battery life on my phone.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

Good point but my battery lasts two days so not a big concern for me. But, I could see that being a concern for most.

Lloyd OD

May 14, 2022
Visit site
You have hit the jackpot with this. I am trying to create the ultimate travel workstation which is:
* tablet (not laptop or 2:1 because you can't detach them from their keyboard when working, meaning you are stuck with a set up that is not ergonomic.
* foldable ergo keyboard (so much more comfortable than a laptop (even if I am re-learning finger placement for touch typing)
* phone as trackpad (all the reasons you mentioned)

Ridiculous to carry a mouse when no device is a better trackpad than a phone. Also, everything charges from the same small charger and the larger tablet can recharge the phone when needed.

My weight and volume footprint is negligable now, with better overall outcomes.

:)

So... please let me know if you find a solution to this problem.. I would even be happy to wire my phone to my tablet :p