Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 7 of 7
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By dsneedmd
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Any suggestions for a reliable CHARGING CABLE?

    Hi guys, I know that the note pro does take a while to charge and it's normal. Though I have read (and experienced in my note 2 with a mediabridge cable) that some cables really offer a faster than normal charging time. im hoping some of you knows any cables that charges the note pro faster than usual. Im needing any cable from a 6 feet length or longer of none (6 seems perfect) . I bought a cable matters micro usb 3.0 cable stating SUPER SPEED thru amazon, but realized that super speed means speed in data transfer and not in charging time.

    I hope you can help me out. If no 3.0 cable exist as such, even a longer original samsung cable would suffice (original cable is about 3 feet) . Amazon lists samsung 3.0 cables as 5 feet but reviews says they are all just 3 feet.

    Thank you so much for any help at all.

    Posted via Android Central App
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Any suggestions for a reliable CHARGING CABLE?

    Quote Originally Posted by popengchan View Post
    Hi guys, I know that the note pro does take a while to charge and it's normal. Though I have read (and experienced in my note 2 with a mediabridge cable) that some cables really offer a faster than normal charging time. im hoping some of you knows any cables that charges the note pro faster than usual. Im needing any cable from a 6 feet length or longer of none (6 seems perfect) . I bought a cable matters micro usb 3.0 cable stating SUPER SPEED thru amazon, but realized that super speed means speed in data transfer and not in charging time.

    I hope you can help me out. If no 3.0 cable exist as such, even a longer original samsung cable would suffice (original cable is about 3 feet) . Amazon lists samsung 3.0 cables as 5 feet but reviews says they are all just 3 feet.

    Thank you so much for any help at all.

    Posted via Android Central App
    h**p://www dot amazon dot com/gp/product/B00DG9L8K8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

    If that is the cable you bought it not only offers faster data sync rates but also better power efficiency. I have 4 of those cables. After testing those compared to my original cable on a completely dead gnp, I find that charging time on these new car's is roughly 1 hour shorter. Not really a huge differ
    Thanked by:
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Any suggestions for a reliable CHARGING CABLE?

    You can CHARGE your Note Pro with any micro USB cable, just use the right part & leave the other open. I use my N7 cord when I travel.
    Thanked by 2:
    acejavelin likes this.
  4. #4  
    beh
    beh is offline
    beh's Avatar

    Posts
    565 Posts
    Global Posts
    600 Global Posts

    Default Re: Any suggestions for a reliable CHARGING CABLE?

    I have found the Amazon Basics cables (both USB 2 and USB 3) to work as well as or better than the OEM USB 3 cable for both data transfer and charging. And the prices are really fair. They are thicker and stiffer than the OEM cable but they are also fully shielded cables and are well constructed.
    Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910V
    Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900V
    Galaxy Note 8 SGH-1467
    Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 SM-P900
    Thanked by:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: Any suggestions for a reliable CHARGING CABLE?

    Quote Originally Posted by beh View Post
    I have found the Amazon Basics cables (both USB 2 and USB 3) to work as well as or better than the OEM USB 3 cable for both data transfer and charging. And the prices are really fair. They are thicker and stiffer than the OEM cable but they are also fully shielded cables and are well constructed.
    Hi, can you post the average ma current of the amazon 3.0 cables using galaxy current app? Thanks!

    Posted via Android Central App
  6. #6  
    beh
    beh is offline
    beh's Avatar

    Posts
    565 Posts
    Global Posts
    600 Global Posts

    Default Re: Any suggestions for a reliable CHARGING CABLE?

    Quote Originally Posted by popengchan View Post
    Hi, can you post the average ma current of the amazon 3.0 cables using galaxy current app? Thanks!

    Posted via Android Central App
    No I can't because I have never bothered to test. I simply clock the time to charge from one point in the battery status to 100% charged and have compared the times from various charging cycles on my different cables. This information may be available in the Tech Specs on the product pages at Amazon.
    Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910V
    Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900V
    Galaxy Note 8 SGH-1467
    Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 SM-P900
  7. #7  
    acejavelin's Avatar

    Posts
    1,190 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,192 Global Posts
    ROM
    Purity with Hells-Core

    Default Re: Any suggestions for a reliable CHARGING CABLE?

    Quote Originally Posted by dsneedmd View Post
    You can CHARGE your Note Pro with any micro USB cable, just use the right part & leave the other open. I use my N7 cord when I travel.
    Thanks for this... I had no idea, but tried it with my Blackberry Playbook charger and it worked perfect! Now I don't need a usb 3.0 travel charger!

    Sent from my Nexus 4 powered by Beanstalk ROM and Hellscore kernel
    Current Personal Phone: Google Nexus 4 on Cricket/Aio (Stock Lollipop with hells-Core Kernel)
    Current Work Phone: LG G2 VS980 on VZW (Snuzzo's Plain-Andy ROM)
    Current Tablet: iPad 4/Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2
    Other phones "in the family": HTC One (M7), Moto G GPE, LG G2
    Previous/Retired Android Devices: HTC Aria/Incredible 2/Rezound/DNA, Samsung Stratosphere, SGS2 Skyrocket, Nextbook 8P

Similar Threads

  1. Is the OnePlus One worth paying $500+ for?
    By Mr Matei in forum OnePlus One
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 08-15-2014, 11:57 PM
  2. Galaxy note 3 - After firmware update it will not charge
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-02-2014, 01:42 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-02-2014, 01:32 PM
  4. Need a hack for Injustice gods among us> Samsung s3 phone
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-02-2014, 10:09 AM

Posting Permissions