Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By goin_nil
  • 1 Post By goin_nil
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Note Pro 12.2 or Tab Pro 12.2

Just wondering what are the major differences between the both? Specs look similar on both but the Note Pro is a bit more pricey.

If you own both, which do you like the most and why?

Welcome to the forums. The main reason to get the pro and the main reason it costs more is the active stylus. If you don't need the stylus then go for the tab instead and use the savings elsewhere.

The reason I personally like the stylus is note taking and being able to clip sections of the screen into my documents or emails.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Note Pro 12.2 or Tab Pro 12.2

Quote Originally Posted by muzzy996 View Post
    Welcome to the forums. The main reason to get the pro and the main reason it costs more is the active stylus. If you don't need the stylus then go for the tab instead and use the savings elsewhere.

The reason I personally like the stylus is note taking and being able to clip sections of the screen into my documents or emails.
    Thanks for your input. Yeah, the stylus isnt something that I really need or use. I mainly want the tablet for watching movies, videos, web browsing and some gaming.

The stylus is great for taking notes and annotating pdf files.

Sent from my SM-P900 using AC Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by uProd1gy View Post
    Thanks for your input. Yeah, the stylus isnt something that I really need or use. I mainly want the tablet for watching movies, videos, web browsing and some gaming.
    Then yeah, the tab pro would be a better buy. There's significantly more development going on for it due to its lower price point (if that matters to you).

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

The Stylus is great For when you are eating popcorn and don't want to touch your screen like I am right now. And the hand writing recognition is VERY good even with my poor handwriting . l wrote all this With the stylus with it converting to text on the fly .

I really wish you cold see how poor my hand writing is and how well it translates ,

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2" (they really need a shorter name for this awesome tablet)
    kennhigg likes this.

I've always thought I wanted a fine point stylus for use with tablets, since normal ones are often difficult to click exactly where wanted sometimes. I absolutely LOVE the S-pen with my gnp 12.2

GNP also has a slightly faster processor I believe.

Posted via Android Central App

I considered the Tab Pro myself but when I thought about it, even though I normally wouldn't have much use for a stylus, it seemed a good idea.

I'm glad I got the Note Pro because sometimes menus can have tiny buttons which make your finger seem clumsy and it takes a few goes to press to activate. The S pen gets it with precision. Also, if you play puzzle games or hidden object games (which I do, a lot!) you NEED that tiny point on the stylus to tap things.

Also, I'm finding drawing on it an absolute blast. And the handwriting recognition isn't half bad either, especially considering my own spider scrawl.

But if you're absolutely sure you see no advantage for getting the S Pen, definitely go with the Tab Pro for the price. But if you can afford it, I think you'd surprise yourself on just how much you'd use the stylus.

Yeah the s pen is great on it. Think I use it more than on my phone sometimes

Another very helpful use of the Spen is (if you decided to use it to take notes) you can search your entire tablet for some text and it will find that text within your handwritten notes in SNotes. If you don't like to keep your notes as handwritten you can convert them to typed text.
    kennhigg likes this.

Its always better to have one more option than having one less, you never can tell, you might need it. The S-Pen is wonderful! it should be standard for ever tab whether needed or not. Writing and drawing on it is incredible.