Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default note pro 12.2 date and time resetting

My date and time keep resetting to like 2007 and 12 am. Any ideas why this keeps happening? I've done a hard reset and made sure I have all the updates but still happens.

Posted via the Android Central App

Default Re: note pro 12.2 date and time resetting

WiFi turned on? Did you install any date or calendar apps? Battery OK?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Ya WiFi is on and no apps downloaded since I did a hard reset. Plus no calendar apps or anything before then

Does it happen in front of your eyes or when left unattended . . . or are you experiencing random reboots and after reboot the date/time is off?

If its happening when the tablet isn't in use and you notice it on first wake take a look at the recent tasks list to see if anything is running. If the task list is clean you may have experienced a reboot.

Point of the questions is to try to rule out battery issue because it sure sounds like there's an issue there whereby the system clock is momentarily left without power and resets to a default date/time (not unlike what would happen if a computer had no battery on is motherboard and the power supply was unplugged leaving the internal clock with no power to run).
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

That might be it. I think I normally notice it when I let it die instead of keeping it charged. Thank you. I'll keep it charged up and see how it goes