Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Bloomberg Businessweek+ app, I like it!

I really like the Bloomberg Businessweek+ app. I think they did an excellent job on designing it to make the most of having a tablet, especially the large screen type. I think that magazine apps need to be more like this one to be successful, not just pdf type of files the you flip through pages, but be easier to navigate and more engaging like the Bloomberg is.

I'm really going to enjoy this free one year subscription and will strongly consider pay for a subscription when this ends.

What do you think?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...bloomberg.bbwa

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2" (they really need a shorter name for this awesome tablet)

Default Re: Bloomberg Businessweek+ app, I like it!

Its up to the publisher really but yeah, I agree wholeheartedly.

I'm currently a subscriber to Next Issue and its definitely nice when a publisher does more with the technology than just mimic the printed page. Popular Mechanics does a decent job of it in Next Issue but most others don't. Some are downright irritating in that they only support one rotation of the screen.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

What is "Next Issue"? I could not find it in the Play Store.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app

Odd, should show up as the, first hit on play.google.com.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....nim.discovery

Magazine subscription service that gives multiple subscriptions under a single fee.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by muzzy996 View Post
    Odd, should show up as the, first hit on play.google.com.
    I figured out why it did not show up. I was searching on my phone (Samsung Galaxy S3) and it did not show up in the search results because my phone is not supported by that app (clicking on the link above told me this, "Your device is isn't compatible with this version." ).

Searching on my tablet, it showed up.

So you pay a monthly fee for access to all the magazines listed? How much does this cost each month?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2" (they really need a shorter name for this awesome tablet)

There's two tiers - $10/mo and $15/mo. The lower one has a truncated list, mainly missing the weekly based magazines like Bloomberg, Newsweek, Sports Illustrated and Time etc. I have the higher tier in order to get Sports Illustrated.

I'll note that the Bloomberg magazine in the Next Issue map isn't interactive. My guess is that this is likely due to the way the Bloomberg interactive content is created for their own application which may not be compatible with Next Issue's app.
    Thanked by: