Bloomberg Businessweek+ app, I like it!

goin_nil

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I really like the Bloomberg Businessweek+ app. I think they did an excellent job on designing it to make the most of having a tablet, especially the large screen type. I think that magazine apps need to be more like this one to be successful, not just pdf type of files the you flip through pages, but be easier to navigate and more engaging like the Bloomberg is.

I'm really going to enjoy this free one year subscription and will strongly consider pay for a subscription when this ends.

What do you think?

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e.../details?id=com.bloomberg.bbwa&token=9FwMf5VC

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2" (they really need a shorter name for this awesome tablet)

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Its up to the publisher really but yeah, I agree wholeheartedly.

I'm currently a subscriber to Next Issue and its definitely nice when a publisher does more with the technology than just mimic the printed page. Popular Mechanics does a decent job of it in Next Issue but most others don't. Some are downright irritating in that they only support one rotation of the screen.

goin_nil

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Odd, should show up as the, first hit on play.google.com.
I figured out why it did not show up. I was searching on my phone (Samsung Galaxy S3) and it did not show up in the search results because my phone is not supported by that app (clicking on the link above told me this, "Your device is isn't compatible with this version." ).

Searching on my tablet, it showed up.

So you pay a monthly fee for access to all the magazines listed? How much does this cost each month?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2" (they really need a shorter name for this awesome tablet)

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
There's two tiers - $10/mo and $15/mo. The lower one has a truncated list, mainly missing the weekly based magazines like Bloomberg, Newsweek, Sports Illustrated and Time etc. I have the higher tier in order to get Sports Illustrated.

I'll note that the Bloomberg magazine in the Next Issue map isn't interactive. My guess is that this is likely due to the way the Bloomberg interactive content is created for their own application which may not be compatible with Next Issue's app.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae