Note Pro 12.2 - How to make "desktop" the default in browser

baillebeag

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
How do get my device to default to using desktop (not mobile) versions of websites? With note pro's big screen, it makes not sense to look at web pages designed for phones. My device always defaults to mobile web pages (example Yahoo!, Bloomberg)

Arthur62

May 25, 2014
Visit site
Not sure if this will fit your needs but after you open the page , select menu top right and select the item that say desktop and check the block, not sure if it applies to all pages or just the one your viewing.

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I'm not sure if that setting is permanent either, I'm thinking not. I'm rooted and use Chrome user agent application to change the default setting so that all sites open as desktop.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It applies to which pages the browser will get (because of what it identifies itself to the site as - a mobile browser or a desktop browser). But if you go to m.youtube.com, you get a video that doesn't need Flash, so you can see it in Chrome. If you set Chrome for Desktop you'll get youtube,com (not the missing "m."), which has Flash videos, and since Chrome can't use Flash, even if you've installed it on the tab, you'll get the "this video needs Flash Player" or whatever wording the error message uses.

That's one reason it makes sense to look at pages designed for phones even though you have a 12" tab. (If you use a browser that can handle Flash, and install Flash on the tab, your argument may be correct.)

Another reason is that a lot of mobile browsers, when operated in Desktop mode, identify as Safari 5, which many sites will barf on and tell you that you need at least version 5.1.

If you're using the right browser and visit the right sites, use the Desktop mode. Or use a browser that makes it easy to switch back and forth - like Atlas or Next (just swipe left and one of the items is the Desktop/Mobile switch).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae