Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default S-pen for Web searches and scrap book and Action Memo

I am new to the Samsung Galaxy Note Pro and the s-pen - this is day 5.

What I would like to do is:
    Be browsing the web in say chrome, find a bit of text, use the s-pen to cut it out then use it to search. Can I do this? If so how?

I had a play with scrap book. The youtube video i found seem to indicate I could take videos, web links etc and paste them into the scrap book as videos or web links. But when I retried it they seem to paste as an image rather than as a video or link and i couldn't do much with them. Am I missing something?

Action Memo.
    ok, I can write some text and link that to a google maps location. I save that memo. How do I run the action again?

sorry to be a newbie but I think some of these things could be really useful but i don't have the time at present to find out trial and error.

Default Re: S-pen for Web searches and scrap book and Action Memo

For question 1 - When in Chrome, tap and hold on top of text in a web page, don't move your finger (or pen, if pen don't press the pen's button at all) or let go until it is highlighted. Once the highlighter comes up, move the blue brackets to get the entire phrase you want, then look no further than the upper right corner of the screen for options on what to do with the text you just highlighted.

For the question in the 2nd paragraph - A link to the youtube video you mentioned would be helpful in determining the example you're trying to work from. I suspect you're trying to capture things incorrectly with regards to videos, I'm able to pick a youtube video while in the youtube application just fine. Things captured in browsers or other apps come in as images yes, and as far as i can tell the only way to add hyperlinks to scrapbook entries is by pasting URLs into the text field while in edit mode. To be honest I find scrapbook more of a PITA than its worth.

As for action memo, from what I can tell you're not creating a link at all. Those icons on the top are actions to apply to the note itself so they need to be rerun every time you open the note up. Kind of puts a damper on it doesn't it . . thats just one of the several reasons why I don't use it personally.