Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
08-30-2014 08:29 PM
3 replies
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default YouTube Official app issues, Video freezes and Multi-window mode not working

Hey guys, First time posting on this forum.
    I'm having two issues that have been bugging me as of recently.

I bought my Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 (SM-P905) about a month ago, updated the firmware and eveything as I got it, everything worked fine but now I noticed that cannot use YouTube in multi-window mode. I like to split the screen in half and have my email running on one half of the screen while watching a YouTube video on the other half of the screen. When I drag the YouTube icon from the sidebar and place it on one half the screen it just goes fullscreen. I swear that in the beginning I could do the multi-window thing with the YouTube app but now I can't. Is it because of some recent update to the YouTube app or something else?

Secondly, whenever I watch a long video (eg a 20+ min video) the video will freeze at any given moment but the audio continues to play as normal the rest of the app responds just fine but the video will be stuck at one frame. The only work around I have for this is to click on the exact time code on the video timeline at the bottom of the screen. It takes a second to re-stream the video and it goes back to normal for a while but then it freezes again at a random time.

If anyone out there is facing the same issue or knows how to fix the issues I mentioned, I would be ever so grateful.
    Thanks in advance.

Default Re: YouTube Official app issues, Video freezes and Multi-window mode not working

I have not had your video problem using MX Player. What player did you use? I have P900 so that could be the difference also.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: YouTube Official app issues, Video freezes and Multi-window mode not working

My bad, I should have been more specific. Im experiencing this video freezing issue on the official YouTube app and not the default video player of the tablet.

I don't use the YouTube app. I just go directly to YouTube using one of my installed browsers and set it to desktop view. Try that and see if you get any improvement. This tablet is big enough so that you don't have to use it in tablet view. Just use desktop view when visiting Youtube. I think that youtube app was designed for small phones.