No Wifi after update

jorang

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I received software updates today both for my S4 (i9506) and for my Note Pro 12.2 (SM-P905).

Updated my S4 and after two updates in a row she was good to go.

Same prosedure on my 12.2 albeit after finished updating it will not connect to wifi anymore. Stuck in searcing for available wifi networks.
Tried multiple restarts. Have also wiped cache (startup using power+volUp+home)

Anyone else? How do I rectify?

margieKat

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Do you have the Mobile Data flag turned on?
Settings>Connections>More Networks>Mobile Networks (Here is your Mobile Data flag - make sure it's turned on)

jorang

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for responding.

I have 3 broadcasted SSID's at home - all of then working well and all other devices sees and can connect to all of them. All but my Note Pro.
Suspected the low battery settings, but after charging over night the device still is still stuck in "searching" mode in Wifi settings.

MargieKat - mobile data works fine after update. Does this setting affect wifi connectivity?

Last edited:

margieKat

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
I don't know if it's SUPPOSED to affect connectivity, I just know that I had problems with my Galaxy S4 dropping and reconnecting in a cyclical manner when the Mobile Data flag was off. Once I turned it back on, my phone connected and worked very well again. I run it off our inhouse wifi network because we live on the top of a mountain where there is about a 1 foot area under a juniper tree where we can sometimes get cellular service even though there is a cellular tower not too far away. Obviously that is more than a little bit annoying and is why I went with T-Mobile to get the wifi service

Peaches36

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
My Note Pro doesn't keep my wifi connection.. It says there isn't a wifi connection, while everything else is connected and working. I restart the Pro and turn Bluetooth off and nothing helps.. I can't watch anything for long without losing the wifi connection.. It'd be nice if this problem would be addressed.. 😣

From Peaches Galaxy Note 3

jorang

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Update. A factory reset did the trick for me. Worked like a charm immediately ;-)

Sent fra min GT-I9506 via Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36