Is it possible to use a Bluetooth keyboard with spell check?

coreymcl

Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
Bluetooth keyboard with spell check

It's been a few months since I last tried to find an answer to this question.

Has anybody found a way to still have Spell Check working while using a bluetooth keyboard? I'm assuming it's on the tablet itself and not the keyboard brand that I'm using to prevents this from working. But for the record I have the Logitech bluetooth keyboard for the 12.2.

Thanks for the assistance

Yoshen78

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
Re: Bluetooth keyboard with spell check

Has anybody found a way to still have Spell Check working while using a bluetooth keyboard? I'm assuming it's on the tablet itself and not the keyboard brand that I'm using to prevents this from working. But for the record I have the Logitech bluetooth keyboard for the 12.2.

I have this same problem too... been looking for an answer since the day I got my Samsung Galaxy Note Pro with a logitech bluetooth keyboard... I can seem to find nothing

elAmir

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site

Try Swiftkey keyboard. you can activate the bluetooth keyboard option in the settings, it maintains the spell check without having an on screen keyboard.

I am actually using that right now.

However, the reason I ran into this post was because I am looking for a solution to this:
SwiftKey is set as the default keyboard on my tablet, but every time my bt keyboard reconnects the standard on screen keyboard is started and I can't get it to pop down. I have to reelected my input method every time.

I would appreciate it if you let me know if you run into this problem/find a solution.
Also Do let me know how swiftkey works for you.

Drdevinci

Feb 10, 2016
Visit site

Appreciate your suggestion (Swiftkey). I installed it and it works great. Thanks

For your problem, try FN+RightAlt key to pop up/down the on screen keyboard. Works with Note Pro 12.2 and Logitech Pro Keyboard.

Try Swiftkey keyboard. you can activate the bluetooth keyboard option in the settings, it maintains the spell check without having an on screen keyboard.

I am actually using that right now.

However, the reason I ran into this post was because I am looking for a solution to this:
SwiftKey is set as the default keyboard on my tablet, but every time my bt keyboard reconnects the standard on screen keyboard is started and I can't get it to pop down. I have to reelected my input method every time.

I would appreciate it if you let me know if you run into this problem/find a solution.
Also Do let me know how swiftkey works for you.

AceHandler

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
So weird - I had the opposite problem, I couldn't get the predictive/spell correct to turn off! I went to Vegas and brought along my Note PRO 12.2 & its Samsung BT keyboard (GREAT combination btw - the keyboard completely protects the screen and fits the tablet when set up perfectly). I keep a daily journal and decided to use Samsung's Hancom Office (I mean it looks SO Microsoft ;-) ). Every time I typed a capital letter, the cursor position jumps in front of the cap (to the left) and then starts typing the rest of the word/sentence. The only solution I could figure out was to press the right arrow key after typing every capital letter (the only time this didn't happen was when typing a second capital letter after the first one, I.E. WAX). So annoying that I even contacted Hancom/Samsung help - well, they suggested turning off the predictive text settings (did that, duh!) then they said they wanted me to send them a copy of my journal - yeah, that's gonna happen soon as NEVER. Retarded it was I tells you...other than that I had a great time, thanks for asking.:D

Traylaw

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site

I had this same problem when using Swiftkey as the default soft keyboard and Hancom. Gave up and just removed Swiftkey, bluetooth keyboard works fine now. Swiftkey was only a problem with Hancom.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63