Lollipop and the NotePro

mkhall

May 3, 2011
Visit site
This is my first Samsung device, so I'm not sure what to expect in terms of timing for the Android upgrade. Would someone give me an idea of when - or *shudder* if - we will get Lollipop upgrades?

mkhall

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, that's kind of what I thought. That, combined with a hunch that the 12.2 didn't sell very well, leads me to think this device is an evolutionary dead end. Kind of a drag, as I really like it.

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I love it. Hands down the best mobile device I have ever had. Wait for Samsung's list before losing hope, this device is still a top tier tablet so there is hope.

AnthonySM

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
I found a list says Note pro 12.2 will receive 5.0 in Q2/Q3 2015. I don't know if i can show you the link.

you think is a valid list?

mkhall

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I found a list says Note pro 12.2 will receive 5.0 in Q2/Q3 2015. I don't know if i can show you the link.

you think is a valid list?

I have no idea, but wow, that's a long time to wait. Still, better than nothing.

Posted via Android Central App

treetopsranch

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Mkhall, are you having problems with your present version of the OS? I'm a firm believer of the saying: "If it ain't broken, don't fix it."

So far, I haven't found any 'must have item' in Lollipop.

mkhall

May 3, 2011
Visit site
The only issues I'm having are relatively minor, and unlikely to be addressed in Lollipop. Still, I'd hate to miss out on, say, Hangouts improvements that are based on Lollipop, or something similar.

clietreo

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, that's kind of what I thought. That, combined with a hunch that the 12.2 didn't sell very well, leads me to think this device is an evolutionary dead end. Kind of a drag, as I really like it.

Since it is pretty expensive, I don't think it has sold like the smaller and less expensive tablets. However, I think Samsung was aware of this going in. When Apple releases their 12" tablet, Samsung will release an updated one showing the many more uses their Note Pros have. As is, this tablet is awesome.

Posted via the Android Central App

maxmillian1

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
I have no problems with my note 12.2, but I am happy to hear about lollipop 5.0, I wish this tablet was more popular but I guess you have to have a discerning taste.

Last edited:

eclein

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm retired so I game and watch on mine mostly and have had it since release time. The first image or rom it had was buggy on mine and shear laziness kept me from resetting it. That being said the update I/we got a short while back has cured all those ills and now I absolutely love this thing.
I'm upgrade eligible on Verizon in August 15` and my HTC one will go to my youngest and I was considering an iPhone, never had one yet, but the note 4 has jumped in the lead now, but I have light years in mobile technology time until August so I'm gonna enjoy searching this holiday season and saving as the curved screen note is the cost of a laptop, I gotta try one sometime.
I really thought there was a bigger market than it seems for larger tablets, I blew that call I think.

Miakoda Combies

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
When this device finally stops being usefull... If there is no Note Pro 2 or Note Pro 3, I'm not sure WHAT I'm going to do. I'm spoiled, I can't go back to something else.

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
While I would love to see Lollipop on my 12.2 the number of serious issues with Lollipop on the Nexus devices doesn't make me want it too early in the cycle.

srayjacobs

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I agree. Let the bugs get worked out first. I am happy with my tablet as it is now anyway. I would probably take an update if it came down , but not really sure what 5.0 would do for this .

Note pro 12.2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2