My 128GB SD card keeps losing data, can anyone tell me why?

AJC73

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site
128GB SD card keeps losing data

Hi, all,

I know that the Pro 12.2 doesn't officially support 128GB, so I may just be out of luck, but I've had it working before. I had no problem with it recognising the card and writing to it, putting a bunch of media files onto it.
It recognised them and played them fine for a while; then one day it just lost all of them.

I tried again, formatting it again and refilling it and this time it lasted far longer - but today, I again went to it and tried to play a video file, finding that all media on the SD card was once more gone and I had 119GB available.

The only thing I can think of is that I recently turned it off and on again for the first time in ages (rather than simply sleep).

Help?

treetopsranch

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Re: 128GB SD card keeps losing data

So far you are the only one, that I know of, that is having a problem with the 128GB card. Maybe a bad card. Have you tried it in a computer? Where did you buy it and what make is it? Are you un-mounting it before removing it from the tablet?

AJC73

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site
Re: 128GB SD card keeps losing data

I bought it from Amazon, it's from SanDisk (SDSDQUA-128G-G46A 128 GB Class 10 UHS MicroSDXC).
I haven't tried it in a computer.
It did it's memory loss thing (twice) without ever being unmounted or removed.
It held the data the first time for a couple of days; the second time for about two months before being mysteriously blank again last weekend.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz