How to make macbook pro recognise P-900 as USB 3.0?

p900maly

Nov 9, 2014
Visit site
I have strange problems with my Note Pro 12 under OS X. For example I had to enable USB debugging on the tablet to be able to use Android File Transfer app. However I think I have just found the root cause of all the problems mentioned here and there.

I noticed that when I am in Bootcamp (windows 8) the tablet show 3.0 next to USB icon on the menu bar and the connection works flawlessly, but when I am in OS X it show only the plain USB icon. To further check it I opened the apple menu "About this mac" -> "System report...", there in the System Information app I navigated to "hardware->USB" menu and I can confirm that my Samsung device is seen under USB Hi-Speed bus (the 2.0), whilst other USB 3.0 devices (mouse, WD hdd) shows properly under USB 3.0 Hi-Speed bus.

Of course I am using the original USB 3.0 cable.

Well, I suspect it may be a matter of using the proper drivers. However I could not find an official samsung driver for OS X !!! I found only the driver for Windows on samsung web. For OS X I installed the driver by installing the Kies bloatware and then just removing the ugly app (leaving the driver in my system). If anyone know where to get the proper driver from, please share.

Does anyone have the tablet working as USB 3.0 under OS X anyway? That is, can confirm that the USB 3.0 icon appear on the Android menu bar and/or the OS X System Information app list the tablet connected to USB 3.0 Hi-Speed bus?

Thanks in advance!