Note 12.2 + Lollipop + Root

dsneedmd

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone installed Lollipop on their rooted Note Pro 12.2? I'm pissed at Samsung, this is by far the most expensive device in the house( including my wife's iPad) & I'm still on 4.4.2! They need to stop pretending to be a software company & do hardware right like they can. They got me for $750 & forgot me. I don't think they have any intention of updating this device.

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Probably better asked on xda. With this device having far less development than other devices in the note lineup it surely hasn't happened yet. I saw mention a couple of days ago on xda that someone was about to start developing cm12 but that's not the same as stock lollipop from Samsung with all of the spen integration. I think it's likely that after the note 4 gets its update things will trickle down.

Personally I could care less about lollipop, what I want is the feature improvements found on the note 4 like better text selection with the pen, smart selection, the action memo to s-note integration and multiwindow creation by swiping from the top corner etc.

dsneedmd

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
If the owners of the 12.2 don't complain & let Samsung understand how disappointed we are in their support we will get no support or updates for sure, this was supposed to be their premier product!

Miami1683

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
I've been around a long time for Android and my NP 12.2 works extremely well. Samsung has the Source code and may or may not chose to upgrade us. what I will say what ever update comes. Give me the S pen upgrades and make sure it works perfectly

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

Android.Ninja

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
If the owners of the 12.2 don't complain & let Samsung understand how disappointed we are in their support we will get no support or updates for sure, this was supposed to be their premier product!

Samsung doesn't care. They already got our money. 😝

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Android.Ninja

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
I've been around a long time for Android and my NP 12.2 works extremely well. Samsung has the Source code and may or may not chose to upgrade us. what I will say what ever update comes. Give me the S pen upgrades and make sure it works perfectly

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

Agreed 100%

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Samsung has a reputation to protect. When they think that they have things right they will upgrade the software. Which do you want, buggy, bleeding edge, or stable, reliable software?

I thought so! This is why they're just now releasing Android 4.4.4 for some of their devices.

I'm hoping to get a Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 this week. It should make my life easier.

Blessings

Traylaw

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site
Glad Samsung hasn't updated to lollipop yet since it still has problems like a major memory leak which Google has corrected but has not released yet.

Posted via the Android Central App

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
I wouldn't be so eager to be angry with Samsung. They want the best for their customers, and will release Android 4.4.4 first, and then release Lollipop.

In the meantime, I've seen information on CM 11, and CM 12 ports that tell me that these are nearly finished, and on XDA, there's a developer that is working on a port of Lollipop.

If you're like me, I'm looking to get a thoroughly stable copy of Lollipop, and not one as problematic as those that have been released to date in the soak test on NEXUS machines. Just be patient.

Blessings

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante