why is the note 12.2 so popular?

Jackal Redpaws

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
Here is my story. I saved up to get the note 12.2 pro. I go to find it on amazon and there are very few. so I attempt to buy one. Everyone I find one, I get the cash needed and by then just by 2 to 1 days.. sold gone.. so I find another.. same deal. I finnaly ended up getting one for 449.99 with no tax and 2 day shipping. But that's after 2 weeks of searching.

When I called amazon customer service.. she explained to me that this is a very popular item. And that we are almost sold out. Everyone wants one for Christmas.

I said interesting. I didn't think it would be.. but it is.

I go to my local best buy and asked if they had any in stock and this was before amazon. They told me they sold out there last one. They didn't know when the next shipment would come in.

Again I didn't think that this item was THAT popular... what could be the reason for the such popularity at the end of 2014?

I know I may be speaking for myself but I got mine for graphic. illustration and to replace my macbook that I sold which bought me my nx300 camera.

anon(46010)

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Here's the story... it isn't, more appropriately wasn't very popular. That's why they are a little hard to find and that's why support from Samsung (and Verizon if you have the LTE version) is so spotty. It's s zombie tablet. Dead, it just doesn't know it.

AlfieBriggs

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
I believe Samsung are trying to deminish the numbers however there will be good demand at Christmas. And it is certainly a great tablet!

Posted via my amazing Note 4 paired with my Moto360

Adoga

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
Phones and tablets are getting larger every day. I have samsung S2 now I'm looking at S5. Taste change easily, never say never! iPhone 6 xxl ist also one of such. People just like bigger things now. when it was out many had no interest because of its size and did not realize it could replace laptops to some extent.

I was tired of moving around with something I don't really need, such as keyboard(Laptop = screen+keyboard+noise+weight). Its easy to move around now with my 12.2. I take my external keyboard with me when I need it and thank goodness, no silly fans. That reason was just enough for me to get one. A lot of people just realized that, thats why they are probably hunting for it for xmas.

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Here's the story... it isn't, more appropriately wasn't very popular. That's why they are a little hard to find and that's why support from Samsung (and Verizon if you have the LTE version) is so spotty. It's s zombie tablet. Dead, it just doesn't know it.

Agree with this. As much as I love the 12.2 I think the low availability is the result of low supply, not high demand. The lack of activity on the various forums for the device is a good indicator of this. The enthusiast communities are always a fractional representation of the full user base so when that number is small the total number is surely small as well. It's unfortunate really, this device is fantastic.

I'm still wishing that eventually it gets the multiwindow and S-pen features of the Note 4 because that's really something that this thing needed out of the gate (the ability to go from full screen to window and back at will especially).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zif835