carpediemforlife

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site
I have some sort of virus that causes pop ups when I hit the internet button. It takes me to another screen for a game or app. Ive even had adult material pop up (and that was fun since I was in a meeting with clients). Im sure its linked to some sort of game my son has loaded from Google Play. (Hes no longer allowed to use my tablet) I have unloaded all the games he had on the tablet and did some research to find 360 security and most of the issue has gone away. But I still get random pop ups for games etc from Google Play. Any suggestions on how to get rid of this problem?

salmanahmad

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
First of all, it is extremely unlikely that it is a virus. I've never heard of viruses on Android, but I have heard of malware. They are different things.

Do you see odd types of ads everywhere or only in specific applications?

Also if your son stuck with downloading apps from Google Play and not some third party sites, he isn't to blame.

goin_nil

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Have you cleared your cached data in the settings? Try clearing data and cache for your web browser in the Applications Manager.

If your not sure how to do these, let me know.

Try to use a different web browser too, Chrome is great. Dolphin is good too.

goin_nil

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Next time you get an ad, press the multitasking button and you'll get to know what app is giving the ads and uninstall it.

Or, if it is displayed in the notification area, long press on the notification and then choose "App Info" to find out which app is generating the ad.

Last edited:

Simon_y7

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Exactly same issue here for about a week. It happens only the first time I turn the phone on in the morning, every single morning, but never after that. In the filename window it says "androidcube. mobi" and then a long string of characters. I ran a half a dozen antimalware apps that found nothing.

Has anybody found a solution to this?

GANote3

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
Another thing to try is to go to the Play Store and install Smart App Manager free. It provides the installed date of your apps. Try uninstalling the apps that were loaded right around the time that you started having issues.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2