How do I remove embedded widgets and apps on my Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 tablet?

matthewveronikas

Feb 26, 2015
Visit site
Removing embedded widgets and apps in Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2" tablet..

Please help!!!

If there is anyone out there who can help me with this issue, it would be greatly appreciated.

Is there anyone out there who can tell me how I can remove the default embedded widgets and apps that came with the tablet? I can easily add and remove the widgets and apps that I installed on the tablet, but I can in no way remove the widgets and apps that came pre-installed on the tablet. Someone had mentioned something about getting into the root, but it doesn't seem to be working with the software I download. I tried to use the "titanium backup" software to remove the widgets and apps on my tablet, but it's not working. It only seems to work with the galaxy Smart phones.

The one widget that is most bothersome to me is the "weather and briefing" widget from "accuweather" that pops up on my lock screen. I would really like the widget removed all together.

Again, if there is anyone who can help, it would be soon appreciated...

Maddy...;)

pduffer

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
Re: Removing embedded widgets and apps in Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2" tablet..

Go to settings, select Device, then select Lock screen. You can turn Shortcuts off to not show anything on the lock screen, or drag what you don't want to the trash can that shows at the bottom when you touch the icon you want to remove.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Removing embedded widgets and apps in Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2" tablet..

If you really want to remove the apps and widgets from the tablet entirely, not just from the lock screen, you're going to have to root the tablet - then use Titanium to first freeze the apps. (Then, if freezing it causes a problem, you can unfreeze it.) If it works for a month without an app, you can uninstall the app.

To root the tablet, see How to Root Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 - Android Rooting (Note: rooting voids the warranty and prevents updates - you'll have to unroot if you want to get an update - which, so far, doesn't seem to be worth the effort - LolliFlop is a lot of hoopla and a lot of bugs.)

dallaslankford

Apr 18, 2015
Visit site
"Tap" the "weather box" and hold your finger in place on your Samsung 12.2 display (tap and hold in place). You should have heard a "click" when you tapped. A "delete" button should appear at the top of your display. With your other hand (do not remove the finger you are holding in place), tap with a finger on your other hand on the "delete" button at the top of your Samsung 12.2 display. The "weather box" should disappear.

dallaslankford

Apr 18, 2015
Visit site

In my previous reply I should have said tap and hold in the "Weather And Briefing" box until a trash can with the word underneath appears at the top of the Samsung 12.2 display and then tap on the trash can with the other hand.

dallaslankford

Apr 18, 2015
Visit site

To remove the apps that came pre-installed on the Samsung 12.2, tap and hold your finger on the app you want to remove, and when the garbage can with the word "remove" underneath appears at the top of the Samsung 12.2 display, drag the app you have your finger onto the garbage can and it will be removed. I suppose you have to release your finger when you have the app you want to remove on top of the garbage can. I have not actually removed any of the pre-installed apps because I do not want to remove any of them.

treetopsranch

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site

Yes, and we have heard posters yelling for help after they removed a stock app and could no longer install it again after they had removed it.

DennisOS2

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
First of all, do you want to remove (from the desktop) or completely uninstall the built-in apps/widgets from the tablet? Any and all apps and widgets can be removed from the desktop (discussed elsewhere in this thread). Unless you are really strapped for space to load other apps the preferred action for the health of the tablet is to just remove them from the desktop. To free up some memory you might still have to either "kill" or "stop" each of the apps/widgets you remove; as they might have a small portion running in the background. This can be done in the settings.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12