Nook app hides files where?

treetopsranch

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
I know not many of you use this app but I found a free E-book on Barnes and Noble, downloaded the Nook reading app to this tablet and am interested in moving the book to the External SD card to save some space on internal memory. Lord only knows where they hide the downloaded book. I can't find it. A search on Google doesn't turn up any help for this tablet either. (only ipad file locations are noted).

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You've used MyFiles or some other file manager app to look around all of the possible directories? Concentrate on /storage/sdcard0/Android/data/.

treetopsranch

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for responding B.Diddy. Yes, I tried MyFiles and ES File Explorer. There is no /storage/.....folder anywhere. There is a Nook folder with two directories but both are empty. Recent downloaded file directory doesn't have that book file there either. This is a 311 page book, so it should be a large file.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, the nook must either have a slightly different user directory structure, or hides it more from you. I wish I had more to add, but unfortunately I don't.:(

Gee Whiz1

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
I was told by B&N that the new android app intentionally hides all of your books so that you can not back up to an external chip. They did not explained why they did this but it is intentional. I run my app from the chip and like to keep the books on my chip in case my tablet goes down. I could them have my books by moving my chip. B&N won't let you do that any more. This is very frustrating as I have over 1000 books i my account. To go back and download on my pc would take forever. Very disappointed in B&N for this decision.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21