How did I get this tablet addiction ??

fatyank

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
I was rummaging through a box of old stuff the other day and found my original Handspring PDA. It got me thinking about how I got to this Note Pro 12.2 Tablet and so addicted. I recalled my device history as best I could.
Started with a Zaurus contact device. Moved to Palm/Handspring PDAs. From there I expanded to Motorola phones starting with a bag phone (only for 2 weeks), traded that in for a flip phone (brick) and got my first PDA. Next was a Startack phone. Moving on to Palm phones Treo 180, 270 and 300. Darker days were ahead. I switched to HTC phone with Palm and then Windows Mobile (worse OS I've ever seen). Finally I landed on Android. Love Android as it reminds me of Palm OS which was simple to use. Android was like Palm on steroids.
My addiction is starting to get out of control as I moved to HTC Android phone (don't remember name) and a 7 inch tablet.
Next came Samsung phones S3, S4 and my present Note 4. I also moved to a 10 inch tablet then the GNP 12 inch tablet which is where I am now. I am also using a Bluetooth Samsung SMouse, Jorno Folding keyboard and LG headsets. I am already upgrading my Pico projectors. Sent my AAXA P3X projector back to upgrade to the AAXA LED Android projector. Does it ever end ?????? Maybe I need professional help. I know, I'll just do a Google search for help or something else to buy !!!!!!!

Posted via Android Central App

Attachments

• 20150605_061749.jpg
    20150605_061749.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 58

goin_nil

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
My journey started with the Handspring Visor. Then the Sony Clie. After that, it's a blur. But it was a blast!

I enjoyed hanging out at Best Buy helping random people that had questions or showing off my latest device. Or correcting bad info/advice that the Best Buy guy had told the customer. They probably hated me.

I worked at Best Buy for free!

Attachments

• 1433514421920.jpg
    1433514421920.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 80

fatyank

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
I remember the Clie. That was very popular. I too have upset sales people at various stores by correcting them in front of their customer. I don't bother with tech support anymore as they seem to know less than I do about devices, I depend on the great people that give help on these forums.
I think my Handspring had 250mb of storage and I wondered what was I going to do with all that space. Now my Note4 is 32Gb internal, 64Gb SD card, tablet is 32Gb internal 128Gb SD card plus cloud storage and I'm concerned with not having enough space. I can even run my 500Gb external drive from my tablet. It's all pretty amazing still to me. Growing up my tablet was an Etch A Sketch.

goin_nil

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I remember the Clie. That was very popular. I too have upset sales people at various stores by correcting them in front of their customer. I don't bother with tech support anymore as they seem to know less than I do about devices, I depend on the great people that give help on these forums.
I think my Handspring had 250mb of storage and I wondered what was I going to do with all that space. Now my Note4 is 32Gb internal, 64Gb SD card, tablet is 32Gb internal 128Gb SD card plus cloud storage and I'm concerned with not having enough space. I can even run my 500Gb external drive from my tablet. It's all pretty amazing still to me. Growing up my tablet was an Etch A Sketch.

Back then, the apps were tiny (measured mostly in kilobytes, not megabytes). We couldn't do nearly all the cool and amazing things that we can today. But, you know what, what we did sure was cool and amazing back then!

Yes, tech support tends to be useless. All the real answers and smart people are on forums like this. The collective intelligence will always be smarter than what's in the heads of a few people, so called experts.

fatyank

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
My first tablet. Only thing I could draw was steps but I was entertained for hours.

Attachments

• etch-a-sketch-13-01.jpg
    etch-a-sketch-13-01.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 69

artdeguzman

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
But did you ever get a Springboard module?

Great journey. My path was similar...can't list each one but here are the ones. That come off the top of my head:

Sharp Zaurus
HP 200 LX
a bunch of HP WinCE palmtops
Psions (awesome by the way)
3Coms and Palms
Treos
StarTacs
Nokia candy bars AND a boat load of NSeries including the N85 and N90
A bunch of HTC in Windows CE and Mobile
Sony Clies - all of them pricey mofos
HP Jornada
Casio Cassiopeia
Sharp Mobilon
Compaq iPAQ and all the damn sleds
and now so far everything that DetroitBORG has reviewed including a bunch of smart watches now too.

Sent from my VZW LG G4

eclein

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I know I had a Palm, a Dell something and then I got into laptop's, big ones, Alienware, Toshiba, then came Ipads and I had no money left to blow anymore until my kids grew up and I got divorced..... Lotsa toys now, iPad + note pro + nexus 7 + Shield tablet and so it goes......... I'm 57 single and my cave is remotely controlled... Sorta.... LOL enjoy all!!!

lexidium

Aug 4, 2015
Visit site
We used to go to the Saturday morning matinee at the pictures when I was a kid and watch Flash Gordon.
He used to speak to Emperor Ming on a small screen and we talked about how wonderful it would be if such things were possible.
Now we have it all and I've loved every minute of getting here.
My first mobile phone was a motorola box (like a smalll suitcase) complete with handset and twirly cable on the top. Next was the brick which was an unbelievable six hundred quid at the time.
I still have it and would love it if it still worked.
Now we have smartwatches etc. I wonder what's coming in the future? implants? I can't wait and hope I live long enough to find out . . . . . . . . . . . .

eclein

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I forgot I had the Secret agent phone also, nobody ever called me I don't think. Carried it hanging from my shoulder, coiled cord and handset ready for the "call"........ LOL I was the sh&t.... Lol...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams