Large System Download

DennisOS2

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Went to check system updates about 10min ago. Surprisingly and without fanfare a download began that is 1070.60MB. There is no info about what is contained in this DL. No statement from Samsung; nothing about what it will update or improve. The progress indicator claims the DL will take ~1.5hrs (of course, varies with connection speed). Hopefully, this is 5.1.1.

pduffer

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
I just checked and am downloading update as well. But mine will take over 2 hours! Slow Internet. :(

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

DennisOS2

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Checking the other system updates Samsung just pushed out to other devices it looks like this one may very well be 5.1 not 5.1.1.

DennisOS2

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Install is almost complete ...... optimizing now. This update will bring the device up to v5.0.2. The disclaimer states this will take up considerably more real estate than what you had on the device.
EDIT: All finished with update. Smooth, no drama. Only had to update 3 apps afterwards. Some changes to the UI.

Last edited:

treetopsranch

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Some are reporting that the bluetooth logitech keyboard no longer works with that update.

How about the functionality of the external SD Card? Is that working?

fatyank

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Just saw this post. Checked update status and started download. I thought I was reading it wrong when it showed 2:28:00 for download time.
I'm in AZ and have Cox Gigablast (fiber optic) Internet at home. Hopefully it will go a bit faster. It shows 1070.60mb to download. I'm
excited , as this should make the GNP good for a few more years. Well at least one more year. I don't see anything on the horizon to replace it. It's been a real workhorse for me with no major issues. It does what I need it to do when I need it.
I hope that doesn't change!

Posted via the Android Central App

treetopsranch

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Dennis, several posts now appearing about this issue. It seems that it doesn't pair and is a logitech issue.

Edited post to add that some say it pairs but keyboard is unresponsive.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar