Bluetooth Issues after 5.0.2

sandra_17

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
OK, $5 via PayPal to anyone who translates AN2AN's instructions for those of us who thought we were somewhat intelligent, but developed dyslexia, AD/HD and numerous other learning disabilities upon reading the instructions in the plays store, and attempting to set this up. OK, maybe I already had one or two of these Dx's, but my God, I've never felt so thick. Geez :/

I have An2An Remote on both devices (Note Pro 12.2 and Note 4), and An2An Keyboard on my phone (Note 4). Beyond that, I've switched which device is transmitter and receiver settings, and screwed around with every other setting I could find (nope, can't reproduce it, nor try to explain it!). Just unistalled everything and reinstalled.

Anyone...?

sandra_17

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Eh, nvm. Got it. Though I seriously doubt I could reproduce it! Not all features of the keyboard work for me, which I expected after a few others said the same thing. One is the "enter" key though :/

N2myN2

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Has anybody else noticed how stupid people have become now that the police will put you in jail for slapping the hell out of someone for doing jackass updates like Samsung? I say make it legal to slap the hell out of stupid people when they do stupid stuff. Then there won't be so much stupid stuff.

mtaylorUSA

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
I surrendered. Just bought the Samsung keyboard case, which apparently still works with the Note Pro. There are some decent deals on those on Ebay. It was the cheapest way to get something out of my NotePro investment.

But I swear it will be the LAST Samsung product I ever purchase--ever/ever. No TVs, stereos, computers, BluRay players. No phones and certainly no tablets.

jnaught

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
I surrendered earlier this week - also bought the Samsung keyboard. It does, indeed, work.

Posted via the Android Central App

mtaylorUSA

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
Got the Samsung keyboard today (shockingly fast delivery - Yay Amazon!). It is a poor substitute for the Logitech in every way. But it DOES work. (funny that the Samsung keyboard works fine after the "upgrade", but their competitors' keyboards do not). Anyhooo, the keyboards are on Ebay at decent prices for anyone else who just wants to escape the madness.

36string

Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
Hey!! AirTurn pedal owners - here is a cut/paste from AirTurn, who have been following the forum and talking to Samsung about a resolution "Samsung just called us and admitted that they made a mistake in the update and that we were not the only company effected. They said there will be an update released on Monday that should fix the problem! It is a forced update I believe, so you'll have to go check for new updates on Monday." Let's hope this does happen on Monday and that it does work for everybody, not just we pedal owners but you keyboard folks too.

tohadlock

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Well, I opened a case with Samsung. They called today and basically said we'll just have to wait for the update and that there was no time line marked at this time.

Posted via the Android Central App

David de Beer

Jul 7, 2015
Visit site
"Samsung just called us and admitted that they made a mistake in the update and that we were not the only company effected. They said there will be an update released on Monday that should fix the problem!
Samsung admitting they made a mistake makes it worth waiting through Monday 23:59 Hawaiian time.
I had some experience they simply denied ever making a problematic phone E910, simply erased all of it's online proof of existence.
Let's hope for the better, this time.

gacooper40

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
According to a post on Airturn's support site, Samsung will release the fix on Monday. I can't post the link, but here is the text from the site: "Android Users: Samsung has contacted us reguarding the 5.0.2 update problem. A new update will be released on Monday, August 3rd, 2015 to restore functionality to AirTurn products as well as other brands of Bluetooth keyboards."

chuck88iroc

Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
According to a post on Airturn's support site, Samsung will release the fix on Monday. I can't post the link, but here is the text from the site: "Android Users: Samsung has contacted us reguarding the 5.0.2 update problem. A new update will be released on Monday, August 3rd, 2015 to restore functionality to AirTurn products as well as other brands of Bluetooth keyboards."

Awesome, I hope that this is true. Guess we will find out tomorrow.

Chuck

David de Beer

Jul 7, 2015
Visit site
OK .....it's Monday. ..where is the fix ... I have patience issues .... lol

Korean Monday has passed, office hours in Western Europe are nearly done with. Only 11 hours or so of Monday somewhere remaining.
Sounds like we beter wait for Blue Monday?

Paring still works fine for my Ultraslim keyboard ;-)

BEHamblin

Jul 17, 2015
Visit site
I surrendered also.. Ordered the Samsung keyboard thru Amazon late last week. Arrived over the weekend. Paired and connected fine.. Half dozen of the keys don't work. Space bar, backspace, 0, P, :, ? and a few others.. Great quality there, Samsung.. Amazon is expediting me a new one..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay