Adobe Flash Player Update

fatyank

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
I've installed the Lollilipop update. Everything so far is working fine. We'll, almost everything. I use Dolphin browser for anything involving flash video. Tried today and got a message to upgrade Flash. I was directed to Play Store and it said my device not compatible. Does anyone know where I can download the apk for the latest flash player. I've had no issues with flash until this upgrade.

Posted via Android Central App

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I believe you can Google and Adobe offers older versions but there is no longer a current version for Android. They stopped developing for mobile.

fatyank

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Okay. Do you know what version I need? I have 11.1 and it worked until Lollipop update

Posted via the Android Central App

Traylaw

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site
If you go to Dolphin's lab at http://dolphin.com/lab/en , they have the correct version for download. Adobe version will no longer work KitKat or Lollipop. The version on the Dolphin site has been modified so that it will work. And of course you will have to set security to allow side loading the app.

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

fatyank

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for the help. I uninstalled Dolphin apps and reinstalled. Downloaded the flash apk from Dolphin. Everything works fine again. The flash version number is the same as I had but it doesn't matter because this one works.

fatyank

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Remmy700p did you go to the actual Dolphin website and download the Adobe apk from the Dolphin website? The version number will be the same as the one from Adobe but Dolphin has tweaked it somehow to make it work. I don't know the technical side of it but it works.

Remmy700P

Dec 23, 2014
Visit site
Remmy700p did you go to the actual Dolphin website and download the Adobe apk from the Dolphin website? The version number will be the same as the one from Adobe but Dolphin has tweaked it somehow to make it work. I don't know the technical side of it but it works.

I did. Didn't work. I think I DID notice that the last Flash item said it needed v11.3, and the one on Dolphin's site is v11.1. Dunno if that's the problem, but in any case, I couldn't get it to work.

fatyank

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Try uninstalling anything Dolphin and Adobe apk currently on you device. Do a soft reset (long press power button and select restart, not factory reset) then reinstall Dolphin and the Adobe apk from Dolphin site again. See if that works. Over the years and many different devices I've found that a soft rest can cure a lot of issues. As far as I know Adobe 11.1 is the latest. Hope this works.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463