lollipop. What's the use?

lexidium

Aug 4, 2015
Visit site
I've loaded lollipop on my Note pro but honestly can't see a vast difference.
In some ways, I prefer the interface of 4.4
Strikes me that they just bring out changes for the sake of it. What do you think?

treetopsranch

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
I suspect there were some security fixes which are invisible to you. Otherwise I noticed a faster boot up from Kit Kat and a couple of new apps. I don't use the new apps however so like you, I didn't find too many differences with Lollipop.

BarryH_GEG

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
I've been using a N10.1-14 for over a year and it's stuck on 4.4 permanently. I bought a Note 12 specifically because it's on lollipop. I always buy international (my Note 12 is from Singapore) versions of the Note so a lot of features don't apply to Wi-Fi versions or LTE versions neutered by the U.S. carriers. Here's why Lollipop was important to me:

1) I have a Note 5 and had a Note 4. Going back and forth between KitKat and Lollipop was driving me crazy.

2) Samsung's apps (EG: Mail, S Planner, S Note, Scrapbook, My Files, et.al) are over a year old on KitKat and I wanted the functionality and improved compatibility Lollipop versions brought.

3) Ease of use is improved. Samsung put TW and their own apps on a diet making them so much more consistent and faster at the same time.

4) Speed and fluidity is markedly improved across the board. Configured exactly the same way my Note 12 embarrasses my Note 10.1-14 even with pushing so many more pixels. Note that my N10.1-14 was Exynos and my Note 12 is S-800 which may have something to do with it.

5) Under the hood the Lollipop ROM gets a new kernel and all the systems re-engineering Samsung did for the Tab S. That's what's contributing to the performance increase and I'm getting fantastic battery life.

For folks that do the basics (e-mail, social, web, and entertainment) none of this probably matters. But I'm a big productivity user and compared to my Note 10.1-14 the Note 12 on Lollipop feels a full generation ahead.

lawmanfj

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Great information! I have upgraded and am enjoying the lollipop update. Like you I've noticed much better performance and tw is improved as well. No problem with battery life either. I have the wifi verson with an exynos chip so I think the upgrade played a huge role in thw improvements. I have a video on my youtube channel (just search for "lawmanfj" on you tube) in case you want to see the update

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital