How To Move Application & Data File To SD Card-Help Requested?

tntom

Nov 26, 2015
Visit site
How To Move Application & Data File To SD Card-Help Requested

My Amazon Prime Video movie downloads are being routed to my internal storage rather than my 64GB Micro SD card storage.

When I go to General/Application Manager/Amazon Video/tap/Storage/"Move To SD Card" it is grayed out so I can't move it. Is there a work around for this?

Thank you.

Last edited:

treetopsranch

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Re: SD Card Storage-Application Data FileTransfer-Help Requested

Probably not. They don't want you to copy the movies. They may even go to a hidden directory so that you can't find them on your internal storage.

tntom

Nov 26, 2015
Visit site

Probably not. They don't want you to copy the movies. They may even go to a hidden directory so that you can't find them on your internal storage.

I can see the file with the Amazon movies and App in it. I'm looking for a way to move the App with movies to the SD card, not copy the movies. I would also like additional movies when downloaded in future to go to the SD card if possible.

Thank you.

treetopsranch

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site

Well that's just the issue. Once on the SD Card someone will find a way to copy the movie. I didn't mean to infer that you would do such a thing.

madaudio

May 29, 2014
Visit site

I can see the file with the Amazon movies and App in it. I'm looking for a way to move the App with movies to the SD card, not copy the movies. I would also like additional movies when downloaded in future to go to the SD card if possible.

Thank you.

Also even if you could transfer, as far as I know, many apps will not run from the external storage card, although I believe that may have changed in Android 6(Marshmellow)

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: How To Move Application & Data File To SD Card-Help Requested

If you're rooted you could probably accomplish what you want using an app called Folder Mount. With it one can designate a particular path in internal storage be redirected to external storage.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz