Motherboard replacement

78tahitman

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
My Note Pro had the problem of the screen flickering because of the bad (weak) battery connection on the motherboard. I bought a new motherboard and replaced it. The Tablet boots into a service mode to check to make sure everything is working... speakers, camera, WiFi, etc. Also has an icon on the desktop that says "Factory EMI". The problem I am having is that I cannot exit this service mode to get to the Normal Android operating system. Also, my tablet was running Android 5.0 (with old motherboard), and in this service mode (new motherboard) says it is running Android 4.2.2. So I am guessing the Android OS is part of the motherboard and the 32GB of memory is not?
Anyway, my problem is not being able to exit this service mode. Can anyone help?

Beut

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Do you mean Factory Mode which always display information of the mainboard ?
This is an example of a tablet in Factory Mode
FactoryMode.jpg

In order to exit Factory Mode, you need to root your tablet and install Root Explorer, then use it to edit and turn off Factory Mode

1-Go to Local > / Device > efs > FactoryApp and open factorymode as text in Root Explorer
Change it from OFF to ON and save it
2- Open keystr as text in Root Explorer, change it from OFF to ON and save it
Reboot

You can upgrade your OS to Lollipop after turning off Factory Mode by using Odin.

Don't throw away your old mainboard, bring it to a shop to re solder the battery connector, then you can use it again.

Last edited:

78tahitman

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
No, it is more than Factory Mode. Yes, it does have that display information, but that is about it except for testing of components (like left and right speakers, front and rear camera, IR sensor, colors, brightness, touchscreen, etc.) So it is just a test mode to test all of the components of the tablet and nothing else.

If you do a search here on AndroidCentral for "How to uncover and use the hidden Service menu on the Galaxy" you will see the menu I am in ( I would post a link to it but I am a new member with less than 10 posts)

Beut

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
I don't understand your question, but exit the testing screen you just hit the back button until you exit the Factory Mode and Testing Menu.
This is the Testing Menu, is this the one you cannot exit ?
Service Menu.jpg

Hit back button until you see this

Factory Mode.jpg

Just hit back until getting back to the system

78tahitman

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
That is the problem, it does not go back to the System. I have rebooted many times, even tried a factory reset, but to no avail. It stays in this Service menu. If it was as easy as hitting the back button, I wouldn't be posting here.

Beut

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
So you need to root your device and disable it but I wonder how you stuck at the Service Menu, it cannot run automatically.
New or old mainboard never run the testing menu by itself, you have to enter the correct code in order to get to Factory Mode, then another code to get Service Menu.

You may need to reflash the firmware by Odin and I don't understand how you get stuck at the service menu, enter wrong one character you won't be able to acess it.
I have changed not one but over hundreds of mainboards , I have never seen anything like yours problem.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463