Why do you want the G-Note?

CallerHoller

May 9, 2010
Visit site
I just started using reading glasses this year. Bigger is better. LOL
I love touch, but the precision of a stylus trumps the finger. Takes me back to the PPC too.

kharrigan

Now using God's Phone
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I want a tablet, a phone, and an electronic notepad all in one portable mobile device. The G-Note seems like the ideal device for me.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I don't really care for the notepad feature. I can type faster in my phone than I would be able to write. I'm interested in the size if the phone. But I can see in certain situations where the big size would be clumsy. Right now, I think that having a regular size smartphone and a tablet is the best combination. I have an iPhone and iPad and I seem to have all of my needs covered.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

scaots

May 29, 2010
Visit site
I want as big and as many pixels as I can fit in my pocket. A precise stylus for note taking will be a super handy bonus. That bumps this just above the GNex for me

scaots

May 29, 2010
Visit site
I would also love to have stock ICS with prompt updates from Google, but looks like Samsung did a great job making the stylus useful. I don't think I would give up their implementation for stock.

Uncle Louie

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
I want as big and as many pixels as I can fit in my pocket. A precise stylus for note taking will be a super handy bonus. That bumps this just above the GNex for me

Totally agree. I haven't looked forward to a phone this much since the EVO 4g came out; I might change my mind once I see it in person, but I doubt it. The ads for it on Samsung's page have me pretty convinced.

The only catch is that I wouldn't change carriers for it. So here's hoping that it comes to Sprint by April-ish!

Raptor

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Totally agree. I haven't looked forward to a phone this much since the EVO 4g came out; I might change my mind once I see it in person, but I doubt it. The ads for it on Samsung's page have me pretty convinced.

The only catch is that I wouldn't change carriers for it. So here's hoping that it comes to Sprint by April-ish!

Yes, I had the EVO 4G as well and am now awaiting the Note. I remember all the whining that the EVO was too big and nobody would want one and now there are more smartphones being sold that are larger than the iPhone than there are iPhones being sold.

I just turned 55 and although I used to have 20-10 eyesight that hasn't been the case for 20 years. A larger phone just makes it easier to do the everyday tasks (email, texts, phone) and browsing the internet is less taxing. The EVO was an improvement over the iP3G I had before it but I wanted something larger and with higher resolution. I don't think the Note is the end-all but it does look to be the right device at this time. A few years from now I can see large smartphones with 5 inch screens that have 1920x1200 resolution and that will be sweet.

Also, now that the CPU's, RAM and storage in smartphones are where they are I can now imagine an app from Autodesk to do basic AutoCAD work from the phone. The problem with other phones is that entity selection with a finger is just not going to work well and the stylus offers the hope that finer detail selection work is now possible.

Apple had the PC business for a few years before the WINTEL folks beat them and it looks like the say thing is happening again with smartphones. Apple wasn't the first small computer but they made a big improvement in design and for a while they were the future -- the same with phones. The Crackberry was the first practical smartphone but Apple one upped them and for the better part of 4 years they were it. It now looks like the same shortsightedness Apple had with computers will doom there domination of the smartphone business. Can Apple release a phone with a stylus after Jobs ridiculed the idea of the stylus? Can Apple release a significantly larger phone after Jobs laughed at the idea of larger phones?

Who cares ... I want my Note and I want it now...

Brian

Reactions: Uncle Louie

umdur man

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I just bought a GNote and today signed up to Android Central to learn about the Android world, coming from a Blackberry (which will remain my daily cell).

Reason I bought the Note was PURELY as a mini-tab, and I don't plan to use the cellular features, but... you never know...

Have had an iPad, an original Galaxy Tab and a Playbook, but after the infatuation wore off, they sat at home or got traded off. The Note may just be small enough to be always with me in a jacket pocket, but big enough to read and surf comfortably. Internet and Kindle are my number 1 priorities, followed by PDF's and the occasional photo/media kick-back period.

Size/weight is obviously a compromise, but I'm not ready to commit to permanently carrying a bag for my gadgets, so a pocket-able tab looks doable.

But time will tell...:)

senectus

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I've been using a 7" galaxy Tab as a phone (with a bluetooth headset) and it's *just* a little bit too big for that use (I'm a biggish guy, It fits in my pocket just fine).
It's also big enough to citrix remote desktop, and office documents.

I also want to develop wacom skills..
so this thing looks perfect.

slims1179

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I want the Galaxy Note because it will be very handy for me. My wife and I both run a business and this will definitely help keep things organized and will help with keeping in touch with others faster with their "Note 2 Text" option. ;)

Hortobkt

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
I am torn between the Skyrocket, Vivid, or wait for the GalNex but I just love the note so far. Things that are important to me are A. Display size and type...check, the Note rules here. B. Processor....check, Exynos 1.4 I think, awesome. I use my phone a lot for media like movies, youtube web browsing and games/aps. I have an unlimited data plan so the Note is something I am patiently waiting to hear release dates for ATT. Part of me wants to just ditch this cracked screen 3gs and get aquainted with my new Android family. Any thoughts from you guys?

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I am torn between the Skyrocket, Vivid, or wait for the GalNex but I just love the note so far. Things that are important to me are A. Display size and type...check, the Note rules here. B. Processor....check, Exynos 1.4 I think, awesome. I use my phone a lot for media like movies, youtube web browsing and games/aps. I have an unlimited data plan so the Note is something I am patiently waiting to hear release dates for ATT. Part of me wants to just ditch this cracked screen 3gs and get aquainted with my new Android family. Any thoughts from you guys?

There is really no telling when the Galaxy Note will be coming to AT&T. Between the Vivid and the Skyrocket, I would definitely go with the Skyrocket because the screen is better. But to be honest, you really can't go wrong with any of them.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

CGI_Ram

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
I just bought a GNote and today signed up to Android Central to learn about the Android world, coming from a Blackberry (which will remain my daily cell).

Reason I bought the Note was PURELY as a mini-tab, and I don't plan to use the cellular features, but... you never know...

Have had an iPad, an original Galaxy Tab and a Playbook, but after the infatuation wore off, they sat at home or got traded off. The Note may just be small enough to be always with me in a jacket pocket, but big enough to read and surf comfortably. Internet and Kindle are my number 1 priorities, followed by PDF's and the occasional photo/media kick-back period.

Size/weight is obviously a compromise, but I'm not ready to commit to permanently carrying a bag for my gadgets, so a pocket-able tab looks doable.

The Note sounds like a very good fit for you.

I am very similar. I currently own a Dell Streak 5 and it's my pocket tablet, running on a tablet plan (no phone plan). I use a BlackBerry 9900 as my daily phone.

I also own a full size tablet... but the Dell Streak is always in my suitcase or coat pocket for mobile internet.

I have ordered a Galaxy Note and will be selling my Dell Streak. The Note's screen, processor, camera, and user features (like video and photo editing tools) have me very excited to receive my Note.

ChodTheWacko

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
1) screen size and resolution is a joy. More text, and it's so nice to hold the phone at arms length and read comfortably. (versus holding it a foot away from your face and hunching over).
2) GPS is just fantastic. 18 satellites visible for me! I get GPS lock before google maps even fully loads the maps.
3) Stylus is handy for small interfaces. This will be signifigant when we run more tablet apps.

Those are the big ones.

- Frank

catwoman66#AC

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site

My reason was the same as yours coming from a BlackBerry, which I still have as my main phone. I do still have an iPad tho, which I have other uses for mainly at home and the PlayBook, which has been a disappointment, although I've kept it, waiting to see if they get it right with the update, if they ever decide to really push it out lol (like the bridge on the PB) back to the Note tho, I've had it for a week and am loving it, it's portable but big enough to surf the web on, great for reading newspapers too, which surprised me. The battery is a big plus it lasts me all day with something to spare sometimes, my first android phone to actually last the day, and this is my 3rd, I sold the others after a couple of months, but this has really made me appreciate the Android OS. There are still lots of things to learn, the s pen feature is great altho not always easy to find the button on the side, but I find it handy as sometimes I do want to write a quick note, love the screenshot feature. I bought the slip case, which makes it now look like a filofax, great stuff, plus the vehicle dock kit, which makes it a perfect sat nav. As a a mini tab I find this perfect for me. I am really impressed with it!

anon579421

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
A big reason I want it so I can take notes on lecture ppt slides at school on my daily carry phone.

Currently I have an iphone 4 and an Asus EEE Slate. The EEE Slate has a stylus and a lot of screen real estate, but the battery life is about 2 hours and windows 7 is a little painful to operate with a stylus.

I kind of fell in love with a larger form factor when I got to use a Kindle Fire for a few days on a trip. Reading on a bigger screen (whether it's kindle books, pdfs, ppts, or whatever else) is exponentially better than reading anything on the 3.5 inch screen of my iphone.

After I figure out if I'll for sure be able to make the Galaxy Note work on AT&T, I'm planning sell my EEE Slate and use that money to buy an unlocked Galaxy Note, probably from Amazon.

I don't understand for sure how to make a SIM card work on a galaxy note or how I activate it I guess. Any tips would be much appreciated. Thx, RG :)

Nchaka

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm wanting the Note because of the larger screen size. I have the Skyrocket and a Xoom. I find myself using the Skyrocket more than the Xoom and I figure with a .8" larger screen, I could cancel my Verizon data plan and save a few bucks. I don't need it for work or school. I just want it for movies, email, surfing the web etc.
I'd import one, but I can't afford the $700+ for the phone. I could drop to a flip phone and wait for AT&T to get it, but I don't have any faith in that or Samsung bringing it to the US. They seem to be ignoring our requests to release it here. :p