Which US carrier will launch the G-Note first?

scaots

May 29, 2010
Visit site
Agreed but that's likely way too far off in the future. I hope the international price drops some soon so I can pick up one without the carrier bloat and delayed updates.

FireAndGlass

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Agreed but that's likely way too far off in the future. I hope the international price drops some soon so I can pick up one without the carrier bloat and delayed updates.

+1 I would rather just order the European/International version, as I have a Dell Streak, and I saw the AT$T blocking of Froyo (that never came, the US one officially sat on 1.6!!! for ever) which caused a divorce of AT&T and Dell. I'll probably wait until some build of ICS (doesn't have to be official) and then just order it from abroad.

Last edited by a moderator:

SteveIowa

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I'm shopping overseas now. F it, I cannot wait. What's the best deal anyone has found so far? I think the best I have found was $799 plus shipping. I will not pre-order, but am going to wait until the seller has it in hand. I'm going back now to AC's list of Country release order. I would like to get it from Germany.

CallerHoller

May 9, 2010
Visit site
Ridiculous. Why would you pay $800 for something you wait, I would say 3 months for and get for $200-250

First adopters can't help themselves. My first digital camera was 1.3 megapixel for $950. It was innovative with removable floppy disk memory.
I would have spent the money one way or another.

Raptor

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I think ATT will have it here (USA) in about a month but I don't know that for sure. I think we will see another versions with LTE that will be more Verizon friendly but probably not until February or so. I have a company provided iP4 that I received about 5 weeks ago and it's on ATT so I'd prefer a Verizon one for increased reception options.

As to USA price ... I'm leaning towards $700 off contract (not likely) and $300 on a 2-year contract.

Brian

RaiderWill

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Ridiculous. Why would you pay $800 for something you wait, I would say 3 months for and get for $200-250

Amen To That Brother... And That's Not Including 9% Tax On $800.00 + The Car Charger + The Dock + The Protective Case... You Will Be Paying Almost $1,000.00.. For A Frickin Phone.. Really?

Last edited:

GUARDiAN921

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Seeing as how CDMA versions usually come later, I'm reeeaaalllyyyy hoping that if/when it eventually comes to Sprint (my carrier), that it'll already come with ICS pre-loaded and be Sprint LTE-ready (even if the network isn't up, just as long as it's at least capable by the time it does as a way of future-proofing it as I'm willing to wait). I can see it happening by the time it'd be released. Do that and I'm SOLD! Choosing this over the GS2 and the GNex. Just afraid that rumors/leaks of a GS3 might come out by the time we get this in which case, I'd probably be tempted to wait until that -_-

JOHNGAETANO

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
Steve, if you want one then buy it. Don't listen to the jealousy on this forum.
Life is too short.

I'm shopping overseas now. F it, I cannot wait. What's the best deal anyone has found so far? I think the best I have found was $799 plus shipping. I will not pre-order, but am going to wait until the seller has it in hand. I'm going back now to AC's list of Country release order. I would like to get it from Germany.

mxmarcus

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I am also shopping for one but cannot find it with T-Mobile 3g support overseas.
If any of you find it, can you post a link here?

Sent from my HP Touchpad using Tapatalk

krutip15

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I am also shopping for one but cannot find it with T-Mobile 3g support overseas.

unfortunately, there is no 1700mhz version of this phone it looks like. And I doubt there will be until it is officially launched in the US because no one in europe has that frequency. Although I am curious, since the note has a 2100Mhz UMTS download band, can you not use that UMTS in the 2100mhz band and then use the 2G network for the absent 1700mhz? Or is this just not possible. So essentially having a downloading capacity at 3g/4g and upload at 2g?

startac7868

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site

It certainly would be nice to have a universal radio.

There is some confusion as to whether the Note will be penta band like the Nexus. Generally, the former is described as having the usual quad but specs on dubious Indian sites indicate penta band. However, exact frequencies are never mentioned.

For example:
Galaxy Note on T-Mobile USA? - xda-developers
Samsung Galaxy Note Price India, Galaxy Note Android 3G Smartphone with Large Touchscreen Display | Latest Mobile Phones India

JtothaR

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
Amen To That Brother... And That's Not Including 9% Tax On $800.00 + The Car Charger + The Dock + The Protective Case... You Will Be Paying Almost $1,000.00.. For A Frickin Phone.. Really?

Anyone remember when the original MOTO RAZR was going for $950~ daily on eBay? It was released in Europe first too. That phone couldn't even do anything either! It was just "cool looking and thin"!