Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Now using God's Phone

ROM
    4.0.x

Default Which US carrier will launch the G-Note first?

Which do you think?

I think that AT&T will launch it first... but I'm guessing...

Global Posts
    372 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock

Default Re: Which US carrier will launch the G-Note first?

Agreed but that's likely way too far off in the future. I hope the international price drops some soon so I can pick up one without the carrier bloat and delayed updates.

Quote Originally Posted by scaots View Post
    Agreed but that's likely way too far off in the future. I hope the international price drops some soon so I can pick up one without the carrier bloat and delayed updates.
    +1 I would rather just order the European/International version, as I have a Dell Streak, and I saw the AT$T blocking of Froyo (that never came, the US one officially sat on 1.6!!! for ever) which caused a divorce of AT&T and Dell. I'll probably wait until some build of ICS (doesn't have to be official) and then just order it from abroad.
    Last edited by Cyber Warrior; 11-23-2011 at 08:10 PM. Reason: watch the inappropriate language please...

Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cyanogen Mod Nightly

Why can't we all get it same time.... this sucks and im not switching carrier's

I'm shopping overseas now. F it, I cannot wait. What's the best deal anyone has found so far? I think the best I have found was $799 plus shipping. I will not pre-order, but am going to wait until the seller has it in hand. I'm going back now to AC's list of Country release order. I would like to get it from Germany.
    Droids!

Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Ridiculous. Why would you pay $800 for something you wait, I would say 3 months for and get for $200-250

Quote Originally Posted by jflexe99 View Post
    Ridiculous. Why would you pay $800 for something you wait, I would say 3 months for and get for $200-250
    First adopters can't help themselves. My first digital camera was 1.3 megapixel for $950. It was innovative with removable floppy disk memory.
    I would have spent the money one way or another.

I think ATT will have it here (USA) in about a month but I don't know that for sure. I think we will see another versions with LTE that will be more Verizon friendly but probably not until February or so. I have a company provided iP4 that I received about 5 weeks ago and it's on ATT so I'd prefer a Verizon one for increased reception options.

As to USA price ... I'm leaning towards $700 off contract (not likely) and $300 on a 2-year contract.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by jflexe99 View Post
    Amen To That Brother... And That's Not Including 9% Tax On $800.00 + The Car Charger + The Dock + The Protective Case... You Will Be Paying Almost $1,000.00.. For A Frickin Phone.. Really?
    Last edited by RaiderWill; 11-02-2011 at 10:17 PM. Reason: Spell

I read that Verizon WAS going to support it, but I'm not sure if they are going to be the first.

Also you need to think about the fact that it is a smartphone AND a miniature Tablet. It does a lot more than you think. That's why it costs so much.

You can watch these to see what it actually does.
    Thanked by:
    BaLs likes this.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  
    Now using God's Phone

ROM
    4.0.x

^ I meant to click "like" but hit "thank" instead. Oh well. I don't see how to remove "Thank".

PLEASE let it be Verizon!!! Though they will probably disable the phone radio like they did with the 7" Galaxy Tab.

Seeing as how CDMA versions usually come later, I'm reeeaaalllyyyy hoping that if/when it eventually comes to Sprint (my carrier), that it'll already come with ICS pre-loaded and be Sprint LTE-ready (even if the network isn't up, just as long as it's at least capable by the time it does as a way of future-proofing it as I'm willing to wait). I can see it happening by the time it'd be released. Do that and I'm SOLD! Choosing this over the GS2 and the GNex. Just afraid that rumors/leaks of a GS3 might come out by the time we get this in which case, I'd probably be tempted to wait until that -_-

Steve, if you want one then buy it. Don't listen to the jealousy on this forum.
    Life is too short.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveIowa View Post
    I'm shopping overseas now. F it, I cannot wait. What's the best deal anyone has found so far? I think the best I have found was $799 plus shipping. I will not pre-order, but am going to wait until the seller has it in hand. I'm going back now to AC's list of Country release order. I would like to get it from Germany.

ROM
    CM9

I am also shopping for one but cannot find it with T-Mobile 3g support overseas.
    If any of you find it, can you post a link here?

Sent from my HP Touchpad using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mxmarcus View Post
    I am also shopping for one but cannot find it with T-Mobile 3g support overseas.

unfortunately, there is no 1700mhz version of this phone it looks like. And I doubt there will be until it is officially launched in the US because no one in europe has that frequency. Although I am curious, since the note has a 2100Mhz UMTS download band, can you not use that UMTS in the 2100mhz band and then use the 2G network for the absent 1700mhz? Or is this just not possible. So essentially having a downloading capacity at 3g/4g and upload at 2g?

Quote Originally Posted by mxmarcus View Post

It certainly would be nice to have a universal radio.

There is some confusion as to whether the Note will be penta band like the Nexus. Generally, the former is described as having the usual quad but specs on dubious Indian sites indicate penta band. However, exact frequencies are never mentioned.

For example:

Global Posts
    272 Global Posts

I am just hoping that Sprint gets it and it is now an arm, leg, and my first born to buy it out right....

Global Posts
    225 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderWill View Post
    Amen To That Brother... And That's Not Including 9% Tax On $800.00 + The Car Charger + The Dock + The Protective Case... You Will Be Paying Almost $1,000.00.. For A Frickin Phone.. Really?
    Anyone remember when the original MOTO RAZR was going for $950~ daily on eBay? It was released in Europe first too. That phone couldn't even do anything either! It was just "cool looking and thin"!

Global Posts
    90 Global Posts

I Hope that Sprint would get it, I would be willing to do a phone shuffle on my family plan. I currently have an HTC Evo 3d, but I would really love the screen real estate with the newer phone! Why Europe first anyway? What is wrong with the States anyway. Come on carriers get your thumbs out of your A@@'s.
    Kaminsky likes this.

I am holding off upgrading my iPhone 3gs to 4s because I am very interested in the GNote. I think that it may be particularly appealing to people with less than perfect eyesight like myself. While I am currently with ATT, I would like to see the GNote sold by Verizon, because the reception with Verizon is better in my area.

In the event that the GNote is not coming to the USA in the next couple of months, I will consider buying one from overseas, but only in the event that it is fully compatible with ATT here in the states. Is the GNote now being released in Europe fully compatible with ATT here in the states?
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  
    Now using God's Phone

ROM
    4.0.x

With 3G, sure. With 4G (HPSA+ or LTE), no one knows...

Global Posts
    1,031 Global Posts
    ROM
    SwampMonster V1.0!!!!!

When I bought my EVO 4G, I wasn't even considering the 4G, since I figured it would be a long time before my area would see it. I just though that the phone was awesome. I'll do the same for a Sprint LTE Note; if my area gets it, that will be icing on the cake since I'd get it anyway.

Global Posts
    78 Global Posts

The network specs are different depending on the country according to the Samsung website. I'm assuming the HSPA+ will work on TMo right out of the box, albeit at only 21Mbps instead of 41 like my Galaxy SII.

If I buy from UK, will I be able to get that 21Mbps with my TMo SIM? I REALLY want to buy the Note right now, but not if I can only get basic 2G.

Please, ANY theories, rumors, tech talk on using unlocked UK version with tmo?
    T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S3
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast