Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree4Likes

Global Posts
    326 Global Posts

Default Re: Where to buy Galaxy Note for US?

Quote Originally Posted by titana View Post
    it is available now
    Is this imported or through a US carrier? I seen the ones on Amazon and other sites that have imported them. But I haven't seen any US carrier selling them.

Nobody is carrying the Galaxy Note in the US right now, but you can use them through AT&T, by changing your APN by doing this:

TT 3G on Galaxy Note

Setting AT&T APN on Samsung Galaxy S2 & Galaxy Note

1) Press the MENU button (far left button)
    2) Press SETTINGS (bottom, middle)
    3) Press Wireless and network (typically at the top)
    4) Press Mobile networks (typically at the bottom)
    5) Press Access Point Names
    6) Press settings/menu button (far left button)
    7) Press New APN
    8) type the following

Name: http://www.TechnoTradingHouse.com
    APN: wap.cingular
    MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
    MMS proxy: wireless.cingular.com
    MMS port: 80
    MCC: 310
    MNC: 410
    Auth type: none
    APN type: Internet+MMS
    All other fields blank

9) Press settings/menu button (far left button)
    10) Click/Press SAVE on the screen
    11) LASTLY, Make sure youve selected the correct APN Setting with the green indicator on the right. Wait, be patient and let the time and date update

Also last I heard was AT&T will be the first to carry it and very soon. That's coming from Engadget.com
    Thanked by 2:

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts

just got the note. just like the dell streak, when i called att for help they were clueless. thanks for posting this.

Quote Originally Posted by slims1179 View Post
    Nobody is carrying the Galaxy Note in the US right now, but you can use them through AT&T, by changing your APN by doing this:

TT 3G on Galaxy Note

Setting AT&T APN on Samsung Galaxy S2 & Galaxy Note

1) Press the MENU button (far left button)
    2) Press SETTINGS (bottom, middle)
    3) Press Wireless and network (typically at the top)
    4) Press Mobile networks (typically at the bottom)
    5) Press Access Point Names
    6) Press settings/menu button (far left button)
    7) Press New APN
    8) type the following

Name: Techno Trading House
    APN: wap.cingular
    MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
    MMS proxy: wireless.cingular.com
    MMS port: 80
    MCC: 310
    MNC: 410
    Auth type: none
    APN type: Internet+MMS
    All other fields blank

9) Press settings/menu button (far left button)
    10) Click/Press SAVE on the screen
    11) LASTLY, Make sure youve selected the correct APN Setting with the green indicator on the right. Wait, be patient and let the time and date update

Also last I heard was AT&T will be the first to carry it and very soon. That's coming from Engadget.com
    Thanks a lot Bro. Had the phone for a week and this is the first time I am getting anything other than edge. I am getting 3G and H+.

Bought mine through Amazon (Global Mobiles) for 649.90. Was bound for Germany. Was completely sealed. I am pretty happy with Amazon right now!

Great phone!
    Last edited by planoman; 12-28-2011 at 02:56 PM.
    Droids!

Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I might pull the trigger and get one very soon from technotradinghouse....
    Droids!

Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by slims1179 View Post
    It is true. Q1 of next year. It will be LTE, but have the Snapdragon processor. I would rather NOT get LTE and a Exynos(or however they are spelled). They are better with battery and performance from what I have seen. Plus I won't see LTE for years in this area.

I went with the current Note over the LTE for battery life and bloatware. I have a Skyrocket for my primary and live in an LTE area, but wanted the Note to use mainly on wifi. I have popped my SIM in to the note and configured the APN to give me HSPA+ on ATT. I also made sure that text and MMS work fine.

If ATT does launch an LTE version, it will have less battery life and bloatware! It is kinda nice to have a bloatfree phone!
    Last edited by planoman; 12-27-2011 at 07:46 PM.

Mine is scheduled to arrive from Amazon/Global Mobiles tomorrow. Just couldn't see waiting since there won't be LTE here for a while yet.

I hated the price tag, but am up for a upgrade in March, so I'm thinking if the GN proves to be too much phone for me I can always look at something else (or fall back on my Captivate running ICS).

Quote Originally Posted by mark62nc View Post
    Mine is scheduled to arrive from Amazon/Global Mobiles tomorrow. Just couldn't see waiting since there won't be LTE here for a while yet.

I hated the price tag, but am up for a upgrade in March, so I'm thinking if the GN proves to be too much phone for me I can always look at something else (or fall back on my Captivate running ICS).
    Congrats! Thank goodness for Amazon gift cards!

Quote Originally Posted by planoman View Post
    Congrats! Thank goodness for Amazon gift cards!
    true......and part-time jobs!

How important is the setting => Name: Techno Trading House
    Why is that particular website listed?
    Now that I have my N1 whenever my wife says "Are you sure?" I go online and show her.

The QR code of my Avatar is for a link to bone marrow donor registration. The more donors that are registered, the better a match for those receiving the transplant. It can not ONLY make the difference between life and death from excruciatingly agonizing graft vs host disease, but it can make an enormous difference in over all health care costs.

Mine's in the mail. Trading up from years of being an iPhone user. Ive never had an android phone, and I've never bought an unlocked device. I plan to just use the sim from my iPhone 4 in an adapter. Thanks for posting all the info I need to set it up!

If you are near Vancouver BC - SK Telecom sold me one for $749 - Aberdeen Center in Richmond. SKmobile.ca
    Don't know if they ship.

Quote Originally Posted by mikegre View Post
    You guys rock. I got my GN from the UK the week it came out. Unpacked it here in the USA and installed a t-mobile sim and it worked just fine. Today, I went to an ATT store and used their sim chip. No good. Came home, went to SETTINGS>>>WIRELESS AND NETWORK>>>MOBILE NETWORKS>>>ACCESS POINT NAMES. Hit the GN menu button and hit +New APN. Now enter NAME:AT&T...APN:wap.cingular...PASSWORD:CINGULAR1 (use caps).

BINGO! The little 3G indicator lit up in the service bar and I'm off and running. Thanks guys...
    Thank you very much for your help. I got my Note from Taiwan. I put this GO Phone SIM in and got no data service. So, the way to make the Taiwan Galaxy Note to work with Go Phone is to add this APN manually.

Hi I am interested in purchasing a Samsung Galaxy note 10.1 n8000 where in the US can I purchase this tablet?. I purchased it on amazon but had to return it because it was damaged. So I am a bit skeptical about trying amazon again. Could you point me in the right direction please? Thanks very much in advance
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123