Where to buy Galaxy Note for US?

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Obviously you each thought it was worth the money to but now off contract. Any regrets?

I do not really know why, but I am intrigued by this device. Trying to justify buying one. I currently have a Skyrocket in DFW and I will not give up LTE but if the Note gets HSPA+ for data on AT&T that would be fine for a 2nd device. Anyone regret not waiting for ICS on the device?

scaots

May 29, 2010
Visit site
Samsung has many of the ICS features. Biggest issue I have is the browser sucks. It seems to jang and freeze and closes while not in it so loose pages i had open. Going to try replacing with stock.

Gary86

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
Everyone with the Samsung note...is it awkward to hold to your face for calls? Might just get a BT headset. I'm trying to decide between the SGS2 SR, Galaxy Nexus or Galaxy Note.

I like how the SGS2 and Note can handle 32GB micro SD

ardabey

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
I like how the SGS2 and Note can handle 32GB micro SD

Evidently, the Note (and the S2 for that matter) can also handle 64 gig microSD cards just as well:

AndroidNZ: [UPDATE: Confirmed working in the Motorola Razr too] Sandisk 64GB Micro SDXC cards confirmed WORKING in Galaxy S II, HTC Sensation, Galaxy S, ASUS Transformer, and Galaxy Note!

I would strongly suggest that bloke's blog (androidnz.net) to those of us who haven't discovered it yet. It's one of the better sources of relevant info on the Note.

Gary86

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
Who covers the warranty for the note since it's not released in the US? Would Samsung UK cover it for the factory warranty?

mikegre

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
You guys rock. I got my GN from the UK the week it came out. Unpacked it here in the USA and installed a t-mobile sim and it worked just fine. Today, I went to an ATT store and used their sim chip. No good. Came home, went to SETTINGS>>>WIRELESS AND NETWORK>>>MOBILE NETWORKS>>>ACCESS POINT NAMES. Hit the GN menu button and hit +New APN. Now enter NAME:AT&T...APN:wap.cingular...PASSWORD:CINGULAR1 (use caps).

BINGO! The little 3G indicator lit up in the service bar and I'm off and running. Thanks guys...

Last edited:

startac7868

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Is the lack of availability in the US due to waiting for a contract with a suitable carrier (AT&T the only one?) who will retail it or is it because there will be a different model altogether for the US?

mikegre

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
How do you like it? Is it awkward to hold to your face for a call? How's the speed on AT&T? Trying to decide between the GN and Galaxy Nexus

---
I am here: Google Maps

As far as awkward, it is big but that's why I bought it. Last November, I bought the Galaxy Tab and from the day I bought it, I stopped using my laptop. The GT replaced it easily. The only thing I didn't like about the GT was that it was not a cellphone. So I wound up carrying the GT and the Nexus S.

Now, with the Galaxy Note, I have the best of both worlds...one device to carry that replaces the Galaxy Tab and the Nexus S.

Talking about size.... It fits very comfortably in my pants pocket and is very lightweight. It feels like nothing. Using it as a cellphone is easy too. I don't understand people who say it's too big to hold up to your ear. My guess is that they're just repeating something they read somewhere and have never used the phone. I have and it's not a problem.

Plus, with a large screen, because I installed Slingbox on the device, it works really nice as a TV on the go.

Gary86

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
As far as awkward, it is big but that's why I bought it. Last November, I bought the Galaxy Tab and from the day I bought it, I stopped using my laptop. The GT replaced it easily. The only thing I didn't like about the GT was that it was not a cellphone. So I wound up carrying the GT and the Nexus S.

Now, with the Galaxy Note, I have the best of both worlds...one device to carry that replaces the Galaxy Tab and the Nexus S.

Talking about size.... It fits very comfortably in my pants pocket and is very lightweight. It feels like nothing. Using it as a cellphone is easy too. I don't understand people who say it's too big to hold up to your ear. My guess is that they're just repeating something they read somewhere and have never used the phone. I have and it's not a problem.

Plus, with a large screen, because I installed Slingbox on the device, it works really nice as a TV on the go.

Thanks for the honest review...I'm leaning towrds, the Note now. I like the SD slot...don't have to pay for a large HD and SD cards are cheap. I wish I could find one for not 800 bucks. Where did you get yours from? Hows the speed on the device. Also, we will be able to get ICS for it since we are in the US once they release ICS for the device? I mean they won't release to the US bc it's not a US device.

linzgeneral

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the honest review...I'm leaning towrds, the Note now. I like the SD slot...don't have to pay for a large HD and SD cards are cheap. I wish I could find one for not 800 bucks. Where did you get yours from? Hows the speed on the device. Also, we will be able to get ICS for it since we are in the US once they release ICS for the device? I mean they won't release to the US bc it's not a US device.

TechnoTradinghouse have them for $715.00 and Amazon have them for 718.. I am strongly considering purchasing one. just want to make sure that I have a warranty in the event of a faulty device.

kwilsonjr

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
You guys rock. I got my GN from the UK the week it came out. Unpacked it here in the USA and installed a t-mobile sim and it worked just fine. ...

Can you elaborate on that a little? The T-Mobile sim worked just fine how? Phone works and 3G works? What kind of speeds did you attain?

kwilsonjr

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
Just bought mine from Amazon. $739, no tax and free 2 day shipping. Going to use it until the US version comes out then just ebay it.

mikegre

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
Look guys...just buy the effin phone already and stop worrying so much. Check out the 2 attachments for a detailed view of the entries you can make in settings to get you phone up and running. I'm actually downloading at HSDPA, which is even faster than 3G.

And in case you missed my earlier post, the password shown in the attachment is CINGULAR1

kwilsonjr

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
Look guys...just buy the effin phone already and stop worrying so much. Check out the 2 attachments for a detailed view of the entries you can make in settings to get you phone up and running. I'm actually downloading at HSDPA, which is even faster than 3G.

And in case you missed my earlier post, the password shown in the attachment is CINGULAR1

Anyone know what the setup is for T-Mobile (yeah I know 2G only) Have to program it for their AP too right?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kaeros85