Where to buy Galaxy Note for US?

KoukiFC3S

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
I'm thinking of getting the $30 a month tmobile prepaid plan with a galaxy note. Where are you guys ordering your Note from?

bairda

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
You can't get the Note from a US carrier yet. You will need to order international. Many have ordered from Handtec (http://www.handtec.com) without issue. They are currently shipping their second batch out. They have a choice of unlocked with no network logo or for slightly less, unlocked with a network logo on boot.

You can also order from Amazon Germany or clove.co.uk

You won't be able to take advantage of the 3g or 4g network on T-Mobile with the International version of the note. It does not have the antenna and chipset for the lower frequencies used on the higher speed network. You will only get voice and 2g speed out side of Wi-Fi. The Korean version of the Note with LTE is being released very soon and will be using the Qualcomm Snapdragon chipset (like the Galaxy S2 on T-Mobile). This will likely be compatible with T-Mobile's higher speed network.

The International Note can be used with ATT HSDPA network without issue and at full speed. Some are using the unlimited pay as you go, non-smartphone plan (I think it is called gophone) with the note. I believe it is ~$50/month. Since ATT can only check the IMEI number on units it sells, you should be able to use an unlocked, international Note with this plan without having ATT change your plan to a more expensive "smartphone", limited plan.

-Alex-

Last edited:

BaLs

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
The International Note can be used with ATT HSDPA network without issue and at full speed. Some are using the unlimited pay as you go, non-smartphone plan (I think it is called gophone) with the note. I believe it is ~$50/month. Since ATT can only check the IMEI number on units it sells, you should be able to use an unlocked, international Note with this plan without having ATT change your plan to a more expensive "smartphone", limited plan.

-Alex-

Will you get full HSDPA speed with GoPhone plan for smartphone?:eek:

scaots

May 29, 2010
Visit site
Note should work great on AT&T, but only 2g on Tmo. I ordered Mon AM from Handtec. FedEx picked it up Tue AM in Great Britain. Tracking says delivery Wed AM in USA. That would be awesome but I'm not holding my breath. Others saw delays in customs. Anyway I hope to have it by the weekend and will report back on delivery and device impressions.

scaots

May 29, 2010
Visit site
Shipping great from FedEx and Handtec. Delivered from UK to mid-Atlantic in 26 hours, 50 hours after placing my order. Two day service is awesome! Can't wait to get home and check it out.

BTW Negri Electronics in the US now also has stock for slightly higher price. Supposed to be reputable. If you order there use code sb35offjkh for a discount.

chmcke01

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
If I have a regular AT&T plan could I get the unlimited data for dumb phone and use it on an imported Galaxy Note or Nexus if I lied about what device I was using?

alexheavy

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
I just got galaxy note and I go with at&t last night. Phone works but I have no internet. I call technical support and hi tell me they don't guaranteed that because it's not at&t device. Somebody can help?

SoreAintya

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
I just got galaxy note and I go with at&t last night. Phone works but I have no internet. I call technical support and hi tell me they don't guaranteed that because it's not at&t device. Somebody can help?

This is my number one concern. However, you may just need to manually input the access point (wap.cingular), I've had to do this to a few phones to get them to point to the network.

scaots

May 29, 2010
Visit site

Settings... wireless & networks... mobile networks ... access points (or something like that) ...
Add a new APN with the settings shown.
Password is CINGULAR1

View attachment 17788

View attachment 17789

slims1179

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm thinking of getting the $30 a month tmobile prepaid plan with a galaxy note. Where are you guys ordering your Note from?

You can buy it from NEWegg or Amazon (which is always cheapest) it's onsale now for less than $750 heres the LINK

as far as the carrier there is none yet but I think it can work with ATT at the time. But not sure.:) For more about the Phone read this Samsung Galaxy Note review. It's really good and covers everything.

Reactions: KoukiFC3S