Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Android Connaisseur

Global Posts
    2,747 Global Posts

Default Where to buy Galaxy Note for US?

I'm thinking of getting the $30 a month tmobile prepaid plan with a galaxy note. Where are you guys ordering your Note from?

Default Re: Where to buy Galaxy Note for US?

You can't get the Note from a US carrier yet. You will need to order international. Many have ordered from Handtec () without issue. They are currently shipping their second batch out. They have a choice of unlocked with no network logo or for slightly less, unlocked with a network logo on boot.

You can also order from Amazon Germany or clove.co.uk

You won't be able to take advantage of the 3g or 4g network on T-Mobile with the International version of the note. It does not have the antenna and chipset for the lower frequencies used on the higher speed network. You will only get voice and 2g speed out side of Wi-Fi. The Korean version of the Note with LTE is being released very soon and will be using the Qualcomm Snapdragon chipset (like the Galaxy S2 on T-Mobile). This will likely be compatible with T-Mobile's higher speed network.

The International Note can be used with ATT HSDPA network without issue and at full speed. Some are using the unlimited pay as you go, non-smartphone plan (I think it is called gophone) with the note. I believe it is ~$50/month. Since ATT can only check the IMEI number on units it sells, you should be able to use an unlocked, international Note with this plan without having ATT change your plan to a more expensive "smartphone", limited plan.

-Alex-
    Thanked by 2:
    macqueyl likes this.
    Now using God's Phone

ROM
    4.0.x

eBay

Quote Originally Posted by bairda View Post

The International Note can be used with ATT HSDPA network without issue and at full speed. Some are using the unlimited pay as you go, non-smartphone plan (I think it is called gophone) with the note. I believe it is ~$50/month. Since ATT can only check the IMEI number on units it sells, you should be able to use an unlocked, international Note with this plan without having ATT change your plan to a more expensive "smartphone", limited plan.

-Alex-
    Will you get full HSDPA speed with GoPhone plan for smartphone?

Quote Originally Posted by BaLs View Post
    Will you get full HSDPA speed with GoPhone plan for smartphone?
    From what I have heard, yes. YMMV.
    -Alex-

Global Posts
    384 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock

Note should work great on AT&T, but only 2g on Tmo. I ordered Mon AM from Handtec. FedEx picked it up Tue AM in Great Britain. Tracking says delivery Wed AM in USA. That would be awesome but I'm not holding my breath. Others saw delays in customs. Anyway I hope to have it by the weekend and will report back on delivery and device impressions.

Global Posts
    384 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock

Shipping great from FedEx and Handtec. Delivered from UK to mid-Atlantic in 26 hours, 50 hours after placing my order. Two day service is awesome! Can't wait to get home and check it out.

BTW Negri Electronics in the US now also has stock for slightly higher price. Supposed to be reputable. If you order there use code sb35offjkh for a discount.

If I have a regular AT&T plan could I get the unlimited data for dumb phone and use it on an imported Galaxy Note or Nexus if I lied about what device I was using?

Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by chmcke01 View Post
    If I have a regular AT&T plan could I get the unlimited data for dumb phone and use it on an imported Galaxy Note or Nexus if I lied about what device I was using?
    This is a good question, I might get it if this works.

Global Posts
    38 Global Posts

Here is a store in Missouri with stock. It's pricey, but the best I've found and seems reasonable for early adopters;

Samsung Galaxy Note 16GB Factory Unlocked New - TECHNO.TRADING.HOUSE

I just got galaxy note and I go with at&t last night. Phone works but I have no internet. I call technical support and hi tell me they don't guaranteed that because it's not at&t device. Somebody can help?

Quote Originally Posted by alexheavy View Post
    I just got galaxy note and I go with at&t last night. Phone works but I have no internet. I call technical support and hi tell me they don't guaranteed that because it's not at&t device. Somebody can help?
    This is my number one concern. However, you may just need to manually input the access point (wap.cingular), I've had to do this to a few phones to get them to point to the network.

Global Posts
    384 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock

Settings... wireless & networks... mobile networks ... access points (or something like that) ...
    Add a new APN with the settings shown.
    Password is CINGULAR1

Where to buy Galaxy Note for US?-sc20111115-204731.jpg

Where to buy Galaxy Note for US?-sc20111115-204746.jpg
    Thanked by 3:

Thank you for answers.I got one device work. Have some trouble with other one, I guess its sim card but Thank you again.

Thank you for yours answers.I got one device work.I have trouble with other one probably sim card. But Thank you again.

I got both device with internet now.Thank you.

so are you getting HSDPA speed? I'm assuming you are on the dumbphone postpaid att plan?

I got both device with internet now.Thank you.

I got HSDPA speed and have the regular family plan for two devices.

I got HSDPA speed and family plan for two devices.

Quote Originally Posted by KoukiFC3S View Post
    I'm thinking of getting the $30 a month tmobile prepaid plan with a galaxy note. Where are you guys ordering your Note from?
    You can buy it from NEWegg or Amazon (which is always cheapest) it's onsale now for less than $750 heres the LINK

as far as the carrier there is none yet but I think it can work with ATT at the time. But not sure. For more about the Phone read this Samsung Galaxy Note review. It's really good and covers everything.
    Thanked by:
    KoukiFC3S likes this.

Works great with AT&T.

Obviously you each thought it was worth the money to but now off contract. Any regrets?

I do not really know why, but I am intrigued by this device. Trying to justify buying one. I currently have a Skyrocket in DFW and I will not give up LTE but if the Note gets HSPA+ for data on AT&T that would be fine for a 2nd device. Anyone regret not waiting for ICS on the device?

Global Posts
    384 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock

Samsung has many of the ICS features. Biggest issue I have is the browser sucks. It seems to jang and freeze and closes while not in it so loose pages i had open. Going to try replacing with stock.

Everyone with the Samsung note...is it awkward to hold to your face for calls? Might just get a BT headset. I'm trying to decide between the SGS2 SR, Galaxy Nexus or Galaxy Note.

I like how the SGS2 and Note can handle 32GB micro SD
    ardabey likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary86 View Post
    I like how the SGS2 and Note can handle 32GB micro SD
    Evidently, the Note (and the S2 for that matter) can also handle 64 gig microSD cards just as well:

AndroidNZ: [UPDATE: Confirmed working in the Motorola Razr too] Sandisk 64GB Micro SDXC cards confirmed WORKING in Galaxy S II, HTC Sensation, Galaxy S, ASUS Transformer, and Galaxy Note!

I would strongly suggest that bloke's blog (androidnz.net) to those of us who haven't discovered it yet. It's one of the better sources of relevant info on the Note.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast