Best Browser For Smooth Browsing

mike2518

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
What browser in you guys' opinion is the best browser for the smoothest browsing. By smooth, I mean iPhone like smooth. I haven't seen that yet with the note on the stock browser as well as opera. They both appear a little choppy. Also, what's up with the jumpy scrolling? Like when you swype the screen to scroll, the page jumps initially before moving up or down. I was expecting a smoother browsing experience from this powerful device. Is it because of touchwiz or gingerbread?

scaots

May 29, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, the browser sucks. Seems to occasionally hang and close on me and initial scrolling has an awkward delay. It is probably simply the browser customization they did and nothing to do with TWiz or GB.

I hope to try out the stock 2.3.5 browser from my N1 over the long weekend and see if it is better. Would be awesome if someone gets the ICS browser with quick controls to work on GB.

scaots

May 29, 2010
Visit site
I installed the 2.3.5 browser from my N1 stock load. It said it would replace a system app, so I expected the browser controls to be different. They aren't. Must be just using the browser renderer in their app. Good news is that it does operate much smoother.

...Never mind that. The browser update doesn't appear to have installed. Just seemed better at the time for whatever I was looking at. Will mess with it more later...

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance