Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By KoukiFC3S
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Android Connaisseur

Global Posts
    2,602 Global Posts

Default AT&T HSPA+ speeds

I was getting less than 1Mbps on the gophone account.

Switched to the postpaid account with the $10 dumbphone internet plan, and this is what I am getting.

APN is the wap.cingular.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails AT&T HSPA+ speeds-sc20111125-120517.jpg  
    Thanked by 3:
    BaLsplanomanpnwAl 
    pnwAl and BaLs like this.

Default Re: AT&T HSPA+ speeds

looks like they do throttle the pre paid accounts! That is more like it! Thanks for checking out the differences in the pre and post paid accounts!

Quote Originally Posted by KoukiFC3S View Post
    I was getting less than 1Mbps on the gophone account.

Switched to the postpaid account with the $10 dumbphone internet plan, and this is what I am getting.

APN is the wap.cingular.

Click to view quoted image
    Where is your location?

I've got the full hspa+ account that I moved over from my old iphone 4. I'm seeing 4.XX down 1.XX up, but i've also seen spikes up to 6.88 up. I have spotty HSPA+ where I live.

I got a new set of APN settings from my buddy at at&t and i'll type them and post them later on.

Hey, how are you?

I'm new to this blog and new to Android, but I am hoping you can help me out. I have a Galaxy Note using on AT&T. I installed the SMS GO Pro app but can't get MMS to work and have spotty at best data usage.

I was hoping you could give me your APN settings for both MMS and DATA. Also if you have MMS configured with an app such as SMS GO pro, those configs would be awesome.

I know I don't have any ground to stand on to be asking for help, but any that you can offer would be great.

Thanks,

Global Posts
    1,096 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS

Maybe this can help, these are the APN settings for the international unlocked Galaxy S2:

GSII APN Settings
    (any other fields leave blank)

Name: HSPA+
    APN: Phone
    MMSC:
    MMS Proxy: wireless.cingular.com
    MMS Port: 80
    MCC: 310
    MNC: 410
    APN type: internet+mms
    my Nexus 5 32GB

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

I recently got a Samsung Galaxy S2 when Amazon sold ALL cell phones for $0.01 and a normal 2-year plan. I opted for tethering capability also, for an add'l $20, and I was surprised to see it work so well. It provides a WiFi umbrella for 2 tablets + one ereader (when I was experimenting and when my neighborhood power went down for an entire night and I had work to get in).

When I checked to see why it was as fast as my very good Comcast connection which gets 20Mbps on the unreliable speed tests, I saw that my WiFi router connections (Netgear N600) show 56MBps. but the cell phone (when neighborhood power is down -- too often) shows H+ and 65Mbps on all the devices connected, with the description "Excellent" and Netflix runs on the satellite devices without artifacts.

I finally realized I must be on 4G, and it does run in San Francisco bay area but I'm across the bay and one of the current maps show it with weaker 4G.

I'm jazzed they're doing this, and this well too.

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

Responding to my own post from today:

While my connection capability is seen as 65Mbps and 'Excellent' per connection software (Windows), it's similar to my Comcast account's 54Mbps connection capability, also seen as 'Excellent' since it's a small flat.

On Comcast WiFi, while the link speed is seen as '54Mbps' my actual download speed has averaged 20-21Mbps.

On the Samsung with AT&T, the link speed is seen as 65Mbps but the actual download speed of tethered devices is about 5Mbps. Apparently good enough to run Netflix with no artifacts that are particularly noticeable.

Ok so on prepaid you get low speeds, is there anyway to improve this? Like do i just enter the apn settings, and that should fix the problem?

I'm on a iphone 4s that supports hspa+ and I only get 3mbps down 1mbps up I'm in los angeles I have the grandfathered in unlimited data.

I'm thinking of buying an unlocked Samsung Galaxy Note from Amazon and using it with AT&T. What would be the cheapest way of getting 4G data to work on it? I don't want to settle for 3G speeds.

Hi all!

I'm currently using my note with Gophone simcard without internet access ( all I see is the HSPA+) . And my question is, can I still get a dumbphone so I can put my current gophone simcard in and have the APN reconfigured so that I can have the internet on my note with that same simcard?

Please help! YOu are answers are appreciated. thank you!

Last edited by surfinguru; 03-07-2012 at 12:08 AM.

what are your APN setting for the $10 plan

Sent from my GT-N7000