Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy Note AT&T month to month service?

well my question is regarding if the galaxy Note which works on AT&T will work on a "pay as you go" plan or prepaid "Gophone" plan, i am currently on simple mobile, and well I tried the galaxy nexus, but I ordered a note from amazon, and will give it a try and of course if i dont like it i will return it, i know it doesnt work on 3g on simple mobile, but i am on wifi most of the time, and well simple mobile is not unlimited anyways so i am not trying to reach the 1 gb data cap, anyhow the reason of my question, is that if i like the note more than the nexus i will return the nexus and keep the note, if so need to know if i should go to at&t on a prepaid service, no need for a contract.

Default Re: Galaxy Note AT&T month to month service?

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper1087 View Post
    well my question is regarding if the galaxy Note which works on AT&T will work on a "pay as you go" plan or prepaid "Gophone" plan, i am currently on simple mobile, and well I tried the galaxy nexus, but I ordered a note from amazon, and will give it a try and of course if i dont like it i will return it, i know it doesnt work on 3g on simple mobile, but i am on wifi most of the time, and well simple mobile is not unlimited anyways so i am not trying to reach the 1 gb data cap, anyhow the reason of my question, is that if i like the note more than the nexus i will return the nexus and keep the note, if so need to know if i should go to at&t on a prepaid service, no need for a contract.
    AT&T HSPA+ speeds
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

ok I read that Interesting they throttle the speeds for prepaid, but even if the settings are fixed, is possible to get higher speeds?, anyhow if not then another option i see is straight talk, which i heard works for the Note on 3G, any recommendation will be great, thanks.

I don't think Straight Talk is a good idea. Base on another ST customer, he said they do throttle after about 2gb and can terminate your account if abused. Also they don't allow tethering. You have to buy one of the two Nokia to get their nonlocked SIM and change the APN setting. I really can't see the hassle.worth it, but if you think its worth it try it.

Or you can wait for the Note US version comin to ATT next year, but I'm not interested due to the Snapdragon CPU.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by someguy01234 View Post
    I don't think Straight Talk is a good idea. Base on another ST customer, he said they do throttle after about 2gb and can terminate your account if abused. Also they don't allow tethering. You have to buy one of the two Nokia to get their nonlocked SIM and change the APN setting. I really can't see the hassle.worth it, but if you think its worth it try it.

Or you can wait for the Note US version comin to ATT next year, but I'm not interested due to the Snapdragon CPU.
    ok tested it and got the AT&T Gophone with the correct apn working, works like a charm, got HSPA+ so happy with it, this phone is not only fast, this is definitely better than the Galaxy Nexus which I have tested, very happy with it.
    planoman likes this.

ok tested it and got the AT&T Gophone with the correct apn working, works like a charm, got HSPA+ so happy with it, this phone is not only fast, this is definitely better than the Galaxy Nexus which I have tested, very happy with it.
    good info. what are your speeds up and down? what were was the APN you input? I may go this route if I get a Note. Did you get the $50 go plan with talk, text and data? Do you buy the phone at best buy or something and just pop the SIM in the Note? Are you in an LTE area and would you get the LTE version if it is coming?
    Last edited by planoman; 12-21-2011 at 10:25 AM.

Global Posts
    78 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by someguy01234 View Post

Wish I had read this yesterday. I bought the cheapo moto ST phone and unlimited plan only to find the SIM locked to the phone.
    T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S3

Global Posts
    78 Global Posts

MORE INFO! What phone? What speeds? (speedtest?) Where did you get it? which APN?

TIA.
    T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S3
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by KenSanDiego View Post
    MORE INFO! What phone? What speeds? (speedtest?) Where did you get it? which APN?

TIA.
    first off this is the HSPA+ version not the LTE Version, secondly well I get what i used to get on my Nitro when I was here since not LTE available, average2-3 mbps down and up 1-1.5 mbps which is not bad, and yes the 50 dollars a month is the plan I got and tethering works which makes me happy .

Name: Cingular 410
    APN: wap.cingular
    Proxy: Not Set
    Port: Not Set
    username:WAP@cingularGPRS.com
    password: CINGULAR1
    Server: cingulargprs.com
    MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
    MMS Proxy: wireless.cingular.com
    MMS Port: Not Set
    MCC: 310
    MNC: 410
    Authentication type: Not Set
    APN Type: Internet + mms

hope this helps
    Thanked by 3:
    gimme#AC and Ladylowe71 like this.

Sniper1087, did you get the $50 prepaid plan?

first off this is the HSPA+ version not the LTE Version, secondly well I get what i used to get on my Nitro when I was here since not LTE available, average2-3 mbps down and up 1-1.5 mbps which is not bad, and yes the 50 dollars a month is the plan I got and tethering works which makes me happy .

Name: Cingular 410
    APN: wap.cingular
    Proxy: Not Set
    Port: Not Set
    username:WAP@cingularGPRS.com
    password: CINGULAR1
    Server: cingulargprs.com
    MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
    MMS Proxy: wireless.cingular.com
    MMS Port: Not Set
    MCC: 310
    MNC: 410
    Authentication type: Not Set
    APN Type: Internet + mms

hope this helps
    Sniper, after reading your mssg, I bought a GoPhone and $50 card from BB yesterday. Activated & loaded the $50 plan. Put the SIM in my Galaxy Note, and it said SIM card failure. Tried multiple times, and same thing happens. (G-Note does recognize another SIM from an old AT&T WindowsMobile phone I used to have, and allows me to reset APN. Also G-Note recognizes T-mobile SIM.)

Which GoPhone did you get? I bought the AT&T U2800A.
    Ladylowe71 likes this.

How does this work? Do I need to buy one of ATT's GoPhones and transfer the sim card over, or can I just get a sim card and activate it?

Sent from my Triumph using Tapatalk

Sniper1087, exactly how did you get it to work? What phone did you buy? I just ordered my Note, but I still need to figure out how to set it up with AT&T as I have T-Mobile right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Seeker14491 View Post
    Sniper1087, exactly how did you get it to work? What phone did you buy? I just ordered my Note, but I still need to figure out how to set it up with AT&T as I have T-Mobile right now.
    Read through this thread for your answer: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1437805

Quote Originally Posted by freedomispopular View Post
    Read through this thread for your answer: [GUIDE] Getting your unlocked Note fully functional on AT&T (including MMS) - xda-developers :)

Thanks a lot for that link, It's just what I was looking for. As for the actual plan, which would be the cheapest plan where I still get 4G speeds? Would it be the Nation 450 ($40) + DataPlus 300 MB for Smartphones 4G ($20)?

Exclamation Re: Galaxy Note AT&T month to month service?

Quote Originally Posted by Seeker14491 View Post
    +1 @Sniper1087: I too would like to know all this.....

When you buy a go phone from att and activate the sim in the go phone, the sim is locked to that phone for 6 months.

You can also get a 3G card from Amazon for under $5 and activate it online.
    Amazon.com: Brand New ATT 3g Sim Card 4 At&t + Cingular Never Used: Electronics

Post Re: Galaxy Note AT&T month to month service?

I bought my AT&T SIM card from eBay.

Heres the card I bought: Brand New AT&T 4G 3G SIM Card Go Phone Prepaid 73057
    I activated online. Then I purchased the $50 unlimited text and talk prepaid plan and of course I had to get a data plan.

AT&T says smartphone users have to purchase a data package to use data services on this plan. Now with everything up and running, Im getting HSPA+ speeds on the N7000.

why go thru all that..just get h20..its att own prepaid service!!

Can anybody explain to me why Galaxy Note needs a different APN with AT&T Gophone SIMM and how do you change it? Thanks

I love the hole fact that you can put in some codes to get the internet to work

Red face Re: Galaxy Note AT&T month to month service?

The only thing i hate about at&T go phone service is you only get 1GB of internet then unlimited talk text answer web for $75 a month but with T-mobile you get UNLIMITED TALK TEXT AND 5GB OF WEB HOW CAN I GET MY AT&T GALAXY NOTE TO WORK WITH T-MOBILE MONTHLY 4G

The international/unlocked G-Note does not support T-Mo's 3G or 4G radio frequencies. It only supports T-Mo's 2G, which is good enough for voice & text, but way too slow for web browsing or streaming video. The AT&T version (unique to the US) reportedly can be modified to use T-Mo's service, but the process sounds kinda complicated & risky. See http://www.androidcentral.com/radio-...obiles-4g-hspa

What are the apn settings for the at&t go phone using the note because the one on here using Cingular doesn't work. Help me please. Thx
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast