AT&T data problem on Korean Made Galaxy Note

BaLs

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone.

Last month I bought a Galaxy Note (International Unlocked Version) from Techno Trading House.
Before the phone arrive I switched to AT&T GoPhone from another provider. Once I received my Note
I plug in my sim into Note and everything working fine including data. This phone says "Made By Samsung".

Then I bought another Galaxy Note for my wife from Techno Trading House. She also switched to AT&T GoPhone
from another provider. Her Phone says "Made in Korea by Samsung". I plug in the AT&T sim into her Galaxy Note
and set up the apn exactly like my Galaxy Note.

The problem is data does not work on her Note. First I suspect it must be something to do with her sim so I
tried her sim on my galaxy note and its work perfect. Then I tried my sim on her Note, same problem the data not working.

I got 3G and H signals on the Note but when I open speedtest.net app, 7 out of 10 times it will "Force Close" when its try to
find closest server. The other 3 times when I tap "Begin Test" it will say "Network Communication Issue", "Try Again".
I also tested using Dolphin browser and weather app, but no data.

The only different I could see between this 2 phones is my phone say "Made by Samsung" (working perfectly) and "Made in Korea by Samsung"
(data not working).

Is anyone here having similiar problem? Or is anyone having Note which says "Made in Korea by Samsung"?

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Hi everyone.

Last month I bought a Galaxy Note (International Unlocked Version) from Techno Trading House.
Before the phone arrive I switched to AT&T GoPhone from another provider. Once I received my Note
I plug in my sim into Note and everything working fine including data. This phone says "Made By Samsung".

Then I bought another Galaxy Note for my wife from Techno Trading House. She also switched to AT&T GoPhone
from another provider. Her Phone says "Made in Korea by Samsung". I plug in the AT&T sim into her Galaxy Note
and set up the apn exactly like my Galaxy Note.

The problem is data does not work on her Note. First I suspect it must be something to do with her sim so I
tried her sim on my galaxy note and its work perfect. Then I tried my sim on her Note, same problem the data not working.

I got 3G and H signals on the Note but when I open speedtest.net app, 7 out of 10 times it will "Force Close" when its try to
find closest server. The other 3 times when I tap "Begin Test" it will say "Network Communication Issue", "Try Again".
I also tested using Dolphin browser and weather app, but no data.

The only different I could see between this 2 phones is my phone say "Made by Samsung" (working perfectly) and "Made in Korea by Samsung"
(data not working).

Is anyone here having similiar problem? Or is anyone having Note which says "Made in Korea by Samsung"?

You might need to enter the ATT APN or just copy the ones in your Note and put a new APN for your wife's Note. You can find the settings on the techno trading house website with the Galaxy note.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Hopefully they get you a phone that is satisfactory. Was looking at them to get my note. Also consideing Amazon since I have done so much with them and they awlays support thier stuff.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
BaLs,

I ended up going with Amazon to get my GNote. Did Techno trading house take care of your issue with your GNote?

jimtravis

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Purchased a Note via Amazon, and it works great on AT&T 3G,and HSPA+. Package was here in two days along with directions on how to change language from German to your language of choice.

The Note immediately became my favorite phone, and I do have the Galaxy Nexus as well. Galaxy Nexus is nice, Note is better. LTE on the future Note should be fantastic. The size, and resolution of the huge screen is fantastic, overall speed is fast, like the physical Home button, works fine with one hand although I do have long fingers, and the digital stylus is frosting on the cake.

Splashtop Remote works fines on the Note. Easy to control your remote computer with the Note's larger screen, and the colors are vibrant.

Have not encountered any apps yet that do not work, or do not scale properly on the Note.

Unless you don't like screens bigger than 3.5", definitely consider the Note. My prior favorite mobile device was the 5" Dell Streak.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781