1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy note heating up

this is a problem i am facing on the galxy note the phone heats up near the camera when i play excessive gaming. is it normal

Global Posts
    372 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock

Default Re: Galaxy note heating up

I have noticed that is where it gets warm. But I don't do much anything intensive on it. I was playing something and noticed it was a bit warm, but nothing that I was concerned about. If it is getting too hot to touch I might worry about it.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I agree thanks

Mine gets a tad warm when gaming for long periods of time but it also gets a bit warm while charging. I personally wouldn't worry about it as long as it doesn't catch fire hehehe

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    81 Global Posts

Funny i just experienced my galaxy not gets hot as in hot.. Not warm... Warm means ur cpu is working.. Hot is like ur cpu over working...

Guess what i have now? A $650 phone with screen burn...

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk
    Happy User of Samsung Galay Note GT-N7000

Yeah mine too getting heats up when i do play some games around 5mins..try to clean cache from internet n download clean master on playstore..it works at mw..

Global Posts
    979 Global Posts

It is probably due to the games you are playing may not be optimized for the cpu/graphics chip inside the note. Also if the game is rendering at 1080p video, which the note can handle from what I have read, that will push the gpu hard as that is not it's native resolution.

Try turning the graphics settings on the game down a notch and see if that helps. PC gamers have to do the same thing if their video cards are pushing graphics that are too intense, and frame rate suffers, then the card heats up a lot.

The note is a phone first and a game console a distant 3rd or 4th. Expect it to get hot when crunching gigapixels like a desktop.

Also, remember the battery will discharge faster while playing graphically intense games because the gpu needs power from somewhere. Just one more source of heat.

So that makes the cpu, the gpu and the battery all producing heat, as well as the screen and probably the memory from data writes. Surprised the phone hasn't locked up on you, forcing a battery pull.

It's not wrong to fondle the s pen.

Mine does this a lot and I don't do much gaming on it. On the rare occasions that I do play games it's just simple things like angry birds, world of goo, plants vs zombies, tetris. Etc. If I'm on it for more than 20 minutes say surfing the net it will start to get hot. This is why I try not to use it for long periods of time. One day last summer it got so hot it was actually too hot to hold and the battery wouldn't charge because it was saying it was too hot. I had to take the battery out and leave the phone off for a few hours to let it cool down.

Sent from my Galaxy Note using Android Central forums