First few days with my Galaxy Note

1jaxstate1

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Dear OP, can you give some details on how good the phone is at taking notes. I take A LOT of notes at work, and they tend to end up in different notebooks and scattered all over the place. I was thinking about moving to Android and getting this Galaxy Note when it is released on AT&T. I'd like to know if you could see yourself replacing a notebook with this phone.

I don't mean writing term papers on it, but a page or so of notes. Thanks in advanced.

Last edited:

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Dear OP, can you give some details on how good the phone is at taking notes. I take A LOT of notes at work, and they tend to end up in different notebooks and scattered all over the place. I was thinking about moving to Android and getting this Galaxy Note when it is released on AT&T. I'd like to know if you could see yourself replacing a notebook with this phone.

I don't mean writing term papers on it, but a page or so of notes. Thanks in advanced.

Others can please chime in here also. For jotting a quick reminder or note I think it could work fine.
If you notes are bullet format, I think it could works also. I think if you are looking to take extensive notes, I think the GNote my be too small to be useful. You will run out of room fairly quckly unless you write really small. I have attached a note with my average writing size to give you and idea of the size if a memo.

If you are writing a reminder list, tasks, appointments to put into the s planner I think it is great. For detailed note taking, I would still prefer my small bound 9.5 x 7 inch bound memo book.

Reactions: 1jaxstate1

1jaxstate1

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the info! I write pretty small and the notes are not too extensive.
Others can please chime in here also. For jotting a quick reminder or note I think it could work fine.
If you notes are bullet format, I think it could works also. I think if you are looking to take extensive notes, I think the GNote my be too small to be useful. You will run out of room fairly quckly unless you write really small. I have attached a note with my average writing size to give you and idea of the size if a memo.

If you are writing a reminder list, tasks, appointments to put into the s planner I think it is great. For detailed note taking, I would still prefer my small bound 9.5 x 7 inch bound memo book.
I'm hoping there will be some type of google docs support added later. That would be awesome.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Help! After using the GNote as my phone this week so far, I do not want to go back to my skyrocket...

I had planned to switch my phones back every week or so. I am using my GNote this week as I went back to work. I do not really want to go back to my skyrocket. I like LTE speeds, but I like the GNote more and HSPA+ speeds are good enough it seems, since I do not really miss my skyrocket! I love the battery life and I can use my bluetooth again! Once you get hooked on the GNote screen resolution, the screen on the SGSII's do not cut it. The icons look so big!

I will keep trying to convince myself to make the switch back on Monday next week but it will be hard! I may have to carry my GNote for wifi! lol!

Last edited:
Reactions: QueenAmy

glk#WN

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
I currently have the Note, 4s and the Skyrocket. Obviously I am not going to keep all 3, I will most likely sell the SR.
I love the Note, yes its big and my co-workers are hammering me about the size but I don't care.
The Note fits into the front pocket of my uniform shirt which is important to me so its a keeper.
I might even sell my ipad now thanks to my note

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

Reactions: QueenAmy

scaots

May 29, 2010
Visit site

I agree that it is not ideal for extensive notes. I write about half that size on the Note but it's not easy to write that small on it. Really for notes I think a higher resolution 7-10" tablet with good digitizer would be perfect. And add a matte screen so that ot is more like paper. Note is perfect for as many notes as I take and always on me when I need to.

anon(220176)

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
If this thing goes to Verizon with LTE support, I'll buy it in a heartbeat. Too bad it won't. :mad:

Even though AT&T announced they'll carry this phone officially, I had enough of AT&T crap service.

QueenAmy

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
I currently have the Note, 4s and the Skyrocket. Obviously I am not going to keep all 3, I will most likely sell the SR.
I love the Note, yes its big and my co-workers are hammering me about the size but I don't care.
The Note fits into the front pocket of my uniform shirt which is important to me so its a keeper.
I might even sell my ipad now thanks to my note

Big respect, very same here.
Just love to have a proper device for reading ebooks and editing my pictures which I can use for phone calls and writing SMS, too.

For some time, I was carrying my Galaxy Tab and the SGS with me, now I do have the perfect both-in-one device ;)

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
For those with a DBT (Germany) country code, LA4 is available OTA.

DBT is on the ball with these updates. That is three since getting my GNote at Christmas. Several threads about the changes etc on xda.

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Dear congrats for your phone and i am sharing my opinion on thsi phone

2 months back i brought Samsung Galaxy Note and i was really excited and my expectations were very high.
I was under the impression that android and galaxy note will bring something special, something out of the box but i was wrong.

I have been using Samsung Galaxy Note now for past 2 months and i don't see anything exciting/different. In fact Google cant provide some of its own application.

For now il be mentioning two things

1) I cannot use Google voice app on my phone(I live in Botswana), now this is a big disappointment an application which has been developed by the same guys (Google) who have developed androids OS cannot be used on android device. The only country this app is available is USA.

2) No voice guided Navigation, imagine you have Google Maps, Google Navigation and latitude on this Galaxy Note android device STILL the voice guided navigation feature does not exist because these features are available in USA, Canada, UK and Australia ONLY and Google (If i can say android guys) still adding more countries. Now my question is Did i spent $1000 phone just to know that there is no voice guided navigation. Learn something from Nokia/Symbian

There are many frustrating issue that i have discovered which i will post soon.

Before i leave i MUST say that Symbian/Nokia truly rock. My other phone Nokia N8 is far far far better than galaxy note.

QueenAmy

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
I am sorry to hear you have the mentioned problems with your N7000.

Can only speak for the model sold in Germany & Austria, but Google Maps and Navigation is working nice and smoothly here - no problems whatsoever.

I used to have a Symbian phone years ago and found the application store as well as the overall internet performance rather poor for today's standard. Well, seems users plain simple have their priorities on different tasks their smartphones should support.

aharmsworth

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site

aharmsworth

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I use my Galaxy Note to write notes at meetings. I use Swype with the pen- faster than just a finger and probably half as fast as I touch type.

Sometimes I use my HP Blue tooth keyboard- works great. I do want a folding Bluetooth keyboard - like I used to have for my Palm T3

Andrew

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Hey I've been wanting to know if when writing, if you rest your outer palm as you would to write neat, would the screen respond and go crazy. If I have to write with my hand elevated.. that would be very lame and pointless to use as a notepad

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Hey I've been wanting to know if when writing, if you rest your outer palm as you would to write neat, would the screen respond and go crazy. If I have to write with my hand elevated.. that would be very lame and pointless to use as a notepad

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

As long as you touch the screen with the s pen first, it deactivates the capacitive touch, so your hand will have no effect on the memo.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2