unlocked Galaxy Note as a GoPhone

blacksun2001

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I'm thinking to get an unlocked Galaxy Note (N7000). Can I activate it as an GoPhone (prepaid) with 150MB data plan on AT&T? If possible, how can I do that?

BaLs

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
Yes you can,

Get GoPhone sim from AT&T store, you need tell them its for dumb phone and if you have any dumb phone bring it along. Don't speak a word abt Note.

Once you get sim card put that in your dumbphone, add the apn and make sure data is working. Then swap sim into G Note and add apn settings, then should be good for the data.

These threads will help you

http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-note/136364-t-hspa-speeds.html

http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-note/135221-galaxy-note-t.html

awkgrep

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
All this stuff about trying to trick AT&T into thinking it's a dumbphone is only relevant if your trying to get away with using the $50/month unlimited voice/text/data feature-phone GoPhone plan.

If you don't use the phone off wi-fi enough for the $50 deal to be worth it, you can just get one of the officially supported GoPhone smartphone plans, no trickery needed.
I'm on the Smartphone 10cents/minute plan and pay about $10/month (due to how little mobile data I use, combined with the way data rollover works on GoPhone).

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
O
All this stuff about trying to trick AT&T into thinking it's a dumbphone is only relevant if your trying to get away with using the $50/month unlimited voice/text/data feature-phone GoPhone plan.

If you don't use the phone off wi-fi enough for the $50 deal to be worth it, you can just get one of the officially supported GoPhone smartphone plans, no trickery needed.
I'm on the Smartphone 10cents/minute plan and pay about $10/month (due to how little mobile data I use, combined with the way data rollover works on GoPhone).
how does that work? Just buy a GoPhone smartphone, and then put the sim card in the Note? And could this work with the att version or just the unlocked version?

Sent from my Triumph using Tapatalk

Last edited:

awkgrep

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Ohow does that work? Just buy a GoPhone smartphone, and then put the sim card in the Note?
In my case I had a prexisting SIM card I just moved over, but as far as I know all you need to do for a new GoPhone service for the Note is buy an AT&T SIM card (don't need to buy a whole phone) and then activate the SIM on the website.
https://www.wireless.att.com/GoPhoneWeb/goPhoneLanding.do?method=activatePayGo
On the Amazon.com product pages for AT&T SIM cards, there are lots of reviews from people doing that.

I have heard GoPhone SIMs are locked to the first phone you activate them in for 6 months. Not sure if that's true or not, but if it is, the one thing you don't want to do is activate a new GoPhone handset and then try to move the SIM to the Note afterwards.

And could this work with the att version or just the unlocked version?
I haven't been able to find any info on whether you can run an LTE phone on a GoPhone account, or if there's some reason you can't do that.

Reactions: freedomispopular

completewally

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
In my case I had a prexisting SIM card I just moved over, but as far as I know all you need to do for a new GoPhone service for the Note is buy an AT&T SIM card (don't need to buy a whole phone) and then activate the SIM on the website.
https://www.wireless.att.com/GoPhoneWeb/goPhoneLanding.do?method=activatePayGo
On the Amazon.com product pages for AT&T SIM cards, there are lots of reviews from people doing that.

I have heard GoPhone SIMs are locked to the first phone you activate them in for 6 months. Not sure if that's true or not, but if it is, the one thing you don't want to do is activate a new GoPhone handset and then try to move the SIM to the Note afterwards.

I haven't been able to find any info on whether you can run an LTE phone on a GoPhone account, or if there's some reason you can't do that.
It is true... however if you call them and are changing the sim to a different phone for instance "a replacement" they will unlock that sim. A good story is the other one broke, or you need to put the sim in your Tough phone for work reasons. If they ask if it's a smartphone tell them that it doesn't look like one <_<
avoid that question like fire if you're going for the unlimited everything plan like I was.

ryanr509

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I put in a new apn setting and it says 4g on top, but my mms won't work. Any ideas how I can fix that

Why note just use straight talk ATT sim card and have unlimited talk/text/data for $45 a month? I have a galaxy nexus and note on straight talk no complaints

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz