Does anybody know how to tether from another phone?

EpicRavensFan

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Hello all. I just got a galaxy note over the weekend. A guy on craigslist had it listed for $660. I offered him $600 and he accepted. I love the phone so far but Im not on att. I read on here that you dont get good speeds on the go phone plans so I havent went that route or decided if I just want to get a two year att contract with a skyrocket and just sell the phone and keep the sim. So I rooted my evo3d to get the free tether. The note seems to connect but wont go on any web pages. Also I have noticed that I cant sign into my google account or update the phone over wifi without a sim card inserted. Any help with any of this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Gregg

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Hello all. I just got a galaxy note over the weekend. A guy on craigslist had it listed for $660. I offered him $600 and he accepted. I love the phone so far but Im not on att. I read on here that you dont get good speeds on the go phone plans so I havent went that route or decided if I just want to get a two year att contract with a skyrocket and just sell the phone and keep the sim. So I rooted my evo3d to get the free tether. The note seems to connect but wont go on any web pages. Also I have noticed that I cant sign into my google account or update the phone over wifi without a sim card inserted. Any help with any of this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Gregg

Just pop a att SIM card from a buddy into the GNote and then enter your google account info and sync. Once that is done you should not need the SIM card. I swap my SIM all the time with my skyrocket and the GNote updates just fine over wifi. I have even updated the firmware without a SIM card in it over wifi.

EpicRavensFan

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the response. I found an old t mo sim that I had laying around the house. That let me update the firmware. But I still cant get signed into google. I will have to ask a friend of mine to use her sim. Thanls again.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia