AT&T Galaxy Note SIM Q&A

schie

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Are there answers or resources for various SIM questions, specific to the AT&T version of the Note (US release February 2012), such as:
Is the SIM card a micro?
Are LTE signals made accessible via the SIM architecture (as well as the device architecture)?
Is there any reason to get an updated micro-SIM for a grandfathered unlimited non-phone data plan, before attempting a SIM swap to a Note?
Will a non-phone data plan continue to provide non-phone data for the Note, or will the plan be auto-contorted into a different (phone-able) plan?

Any resources or information on these and other SIM issues would be greatly appreciated!

Projectrally

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
The AT&T version probably will not be micro sim because it's regular size on all the other build versions around the world. The phone is big, so there's room for a full-sized sim. Don't expect a change.

If a micro-sim is all you've got and you're committed to using that, you can. I made a very simple adapter for my micro sim from my iPhone 4 out of thin plastic. I used the plastic material from a DVD case (seemed to be the perfect thickness) and I traced a friend's full-sized sim onto the plastic. Then I cut it out and hollowed out the center to accept my micro sim. I slipped a piece of scotch tape over the back to hold the micro sim into the adapter. Worked perfectly.

I can't comment on the rest, sorry.

njr

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Note uses regular SIM not micro. Non phone data plan will probably not work and it will be detected that you have a smartphone. Also if you have an older not 4G SIM you should update it even if you have the right size, because the SIM incorporates the LTE access in it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk