Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By zedomax
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Does the Note work on T-Mobile now that they support band 1900?

Global Posts
    321 Global Posts

Default Re: Does the Note work on T-Mobile now that they support band 190

Yes,
    The AT&T Note works on T-Mobile, and they have the radios swapped over for 3G/4G I believe. I haven't read the entire thread on it yet.

- 13.3 MBP Retina
    - Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    - Verizon 128GB iPhone 6
    - 128GB iPad Air 2 LTE
    - Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4

Quote Originally Posted by 05GT View Post
    Yes,
    The AT&T Note works on T-Mobile, and they have the radios swapped over for 3G/4G I believe. I haven't read the entire thread on it yet.
    The radio swaps to get 3G/4G on current T-Mobile bands have mixed results among users. It seems to work, but not as well/as fast as a phone with official T-Mobile 3G/4G bands.

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokx View Post
    The radio swaps to get 3G/4G on current T-Mobile bands have mixed results among users. It seems to work, but not as well/as fast as a phone with official T-Mobile 3G/4G bands.
    That is not entirely correct. Some users are seeing over 10mbps download. Some users are seeing much less. It seems pretty hit or miss but it is possible to have fast speeds.

Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    ROM
    Decks GB 1.3d

Quote Originally Posted by jonathan3579 View Post
    That is not entirely correct. Some users are seeing over 10mbps download. Some users are seeing much less. It seems pretty hit or miss but it is possible to have fast speeds.
    You basically just said exactly vvhat he said.

My w key is broken.

I'm getting -71 for signal strength and all bars lit up @ 12 MB down and 4 MB up on the T-Mobile hack. They are faster than what my LTE speeds are from AT&T. I can switch out the sim cards and use both Carriers. T-Mobile HSPA+ is faster than AT&T's LTE NETWORK.

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts

Works fine, getting 10mbps download on 0.5 bars, faster than my Galaxy Nexus. [YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPW3DTecmVI[/YT]
    Uncle Louie likes this.

Global Posts
    375 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock

Is that with the AWS hack or on 1900? Hope they can get AWS working on the international version also
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by scaots View Post
    Is that with the AWS hack or on 1900? Hope they can get AWS working on the international version also
    I would also like to know this.

Also, is there a way to find out if your market currently supports 3G/4G on the 1900 band?

Global Posts
    1,229 Global Posts

Can anybody direct me to a link that will discuss this in detail? How would I unlock the e if it were ATT? Where are root instructions? And what markets has it worked in? I am in NYC

Quote Originally Posted by FreakyLocz14 View Post
    I would also like to know this.

Also, is there a way to find out if your market currently supports 3G/4G on the 1900 band?
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

I'm talking about the international version.