just pulled the trigger on the International Version

JtothaR

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
Ordered the deal for 579. Looking to finance the cancellation of my ATT account down the road and put it on Straight talk unlimited for $45.

Anyone here currently got this setup? Reviews?

Thanks guys,

- James

bhem

May 27, 2010
Visit site
I am looking to do the same thing. I read it works like a charm as long as you don't abuse their "unlimited" data. Do you by chance have the grandfathered unlimited data for ATT?

JtothaR

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
I am looking to do the same thing. I read it works like a charm as long as you don't abuse their "unlimited" data. Do you by chance have the grandfathered unlimited data for ATT?

No, unfortunately I have the 2 GB for $25 on ATT. But my VZW account has grandfathered unlimited on LTE.

That's what I heard also about the Straight Talk "unlimited", basically it is like a T-mo "unlimited" in that you get throttled after 2GB, but I'm totally willing to leave wifi on and scan for open networks if I'm only paying 45 for Unl minutes and texts too.

SC36DC

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
This is my plan as well. I actually ordered a ATT compatible sim card last week from Straight Talk, just got an email that it shipped, ordered a 32 GB class 10 Samsung micro sd card and the white slim Ringke case by Rearth from Amazon. All this before even buying the phone. I do plan on getting the white international version, also from amazon. Looking forward to getting it. I am currently on a Motorola Triumph with Virgin Mobile.

JtothaR

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
This is my plan as well. I actually ordered a ATT compatible sim card last week from Straight Talk, just got an email that it shipped, ordered a 32 GB class 10 Samsung micro sd card and the white slim Ringke case by Rearth from Amazon. All this before even buying the phone. I do plan on getting the white international version, also from amazon. Looking forward to getting it. I am currently on a Motorola Triumph with Virgin Mobile.

It's awesome. I'm selling all of my other devices to pare down to just the note. Might get the new iPad also later on (just as a toy).

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
It's awesome. I'm selling all of my other devices to pare down to just the note. Might get the new iPad also later on (just as a toy).

This is exactly what I did. I sold my Epic Touch; Kindle Fire; Tab 10.1 & 7.0 plus, and gifted my Xoom to the church.

I now just use the Note for everything. I still have an iPod Touch, and iPad 2 for the kids and the Mrs., but for me, the Note is all I use at work & play. :)

gedster314

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
Some people have been getting the gophone $50/month for feature phones. Do some research on XDA and Howards Forums about this plan. It's a no go if you have an ATT Note because ATT's system knows those ID numbers.

SC36DC, you will love being off Sprint's slow network. I went from 3G speeds of less then 100kbps on Sprint to ATT's 4+Mbps.

Sneakersislife

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
can i ask where you got it? i was just considering the other day buying one to hold me over until the transformer infinity comes out, and amazon had the international version for 529, just wondering why you paid a little more.

maddog2727

May 17, 2010
Visit site
You actually may want to consider Red Pocket for a mobile provider. They offer an unlimited text, talk plan with a hard 2gb data cap, but you can use the data however you like. There's been much talk about straight talk's "daily cap" of 100 mb a day and that they can throw you off if you go over.

JtothaR

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
can i ask where you got it? i was just considering the other day buying one to hold me over until the transformer infinity comes out, and amazon had the international version for 529, just wondering why you paid a little more.

Cause it was white. Newegg just sold out of the blue for $499 the other day also.

JtothaR

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
You actually may want to consider Red Pocket for a mobile provider. They offer an unlimited text, talk plan with a hard 2gb data cap, but you can use the data however you like. There's been much talk about straight talk's "daily cap" of 100 mb a day and that they can throw you off if you go over.

Personally I haven't had an issue with that. I have heard the same rumors as you but nevertheless, I just use the phone as I would any other (including streaming audio for several hours a day at work) and I'm now in my second month of service. I just leave wifi on and use it when available to lower my usage, but I do not count MB at all.

Sneakersislife

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
ive eyt to see a retailer charge more for a different color, but i guess you bought yours before the price dropped, which is why it was more, got mine for 499 from expansys, should be here tomorrow :)

JtothaR

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site

Eyepaint

Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
I got my international note a few months ago when they were still $600+. Dont regret one dollar of it though. I came from a samsung infuse and omg this thing is a powerhouse in comparison. No lag. I cant wait for ics update. As soon as it comes out i will root. Probably wont flash rom but i love using titanium backup to snuff out the bloatware. And might overclock a little. I just dont want to ruin any chance of getting ota ics update by rooting now.

bobvanjr

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm thinking of switching to ST and buying an International Note. What are the advantages of going with the international version?

I don't want to port my number over quite yet. What other options are there? My wife currently pays our mobile bill and I want to keep both for now.

Also, by lil sim, does it take the REALLY small sim?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz