Where is our ICS?

jflexe99

Droids!
Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
When are we getting ICS on our international? I know Samsung said Q2, but I bought an off contract expecting to get ICS well before AT&T and other released GNote. Now I see a Sprint phone with ICS....

Could have saved 400 bones and upgraded on AT&T....screwed again. Ha

Elrohir

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site
Are you sure the had the stock ICS from Samsung? They are supposed to roll it out for ALL GNote phones in Q2. If you want ICS and you are ready to flash try the Stunner Rom, its the best ICS rom for GNote as of now.

JtothaR

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
When are we getting ICS on our international? I know Samsung said Q2, but I bought an off contract expecting to get ICS well before AT&T and other released GNote. Now I see a Sprint phone with ICS....

Could have saved 400 bones and upgraded on AT&T....screwed again. Ha

Same here, I can't believe that ATT has leaked and ours hasn't. But I still don't regret the purchase (cause I hated the ATT capacitive buttons model)

I'm not tempted enough to root just yet to get ICS. I'm hoping for a stock ROM soon.

Bla1ze

Community Manager
Staff member
Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
Honestly, I can wait for ICS.. the Galaxy Note offers the best out of box experience I ever had on an Android device. It's the first Android device I owned that I didn't feel like I "needed" to change it.

biglenses

May 5, 2012
Visit site
I've been wondering when or even if ?? my galaxy note will get its ICS UPGRADE !! All they think about is more ruddy fones : Samsung you'd better hurry up or i will go to another brand : its time you payed back your existing customers with some benefits and upgrades you charge enough for the ruddy fones !!! ALL PROFIT I BET : Losing my patience very fast SAMSUNG !! Speed up ?? the gs3 works on virtually the same speck yupp !! get your act 2gether please !!
very annoyed note user !!!!!!!!

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I guess I look at this differently, and that's okay I suppose.

When I first saw the Note back in September of 2011, i decided right then that this was the device for me.

I purchased the Note on launch day, and with Gingerbread as the OS. Frankly, I don't much care if the Note gets ICS, because for me it never weighed into my decision to own the device.

When Samsung announced they would be upgrading the Note to ICS, and include a "premium suite" of additional S-Pen apps to go along with the upgrade, this news was just gravy on the cake.

IMO, what makes this device stand out from any other devices on the market is not the OS, but rather the flexibility, efficiency, portability, and usefulness of having a 5.3 inch screen, which in my case eliminates the need to carry and own both a smartphone and tablet.

But, again this is just my situation, and I suppose there are others who see an ICS upgrade as the priority.

Right now I can't think of one ICS device that would cause me to move away from the Note. Primarily because not one of them has a 5.3 inch screen, and note taking capabilities, that renders the purchase of an add-on tablet unnecessary.

JtothaR

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
Honestly, I can wait for ICS.. the Galaxy Note offers the best out of box experience I ever had on an Android device. It's the first Android device I owned that I didn't feel like I "needed" to change it.

And the first time where I liked TouchWhiz and wasnt in a hurry to go to AOKP/Vanilla.

hoc1972

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Personaly I have SGN Free
To day i have install germen version of ics 4.0.3 that run normaly and batterie life is good. Other think all apps works perfectly

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Android Central Forums

DirkCoetsee

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I Just flashed it manually through Odin. It was a breeze. Check XDA for the downloads you will need and instructions.

Ok. Great!!! You don't perhaps have the link? I am a noob on the forum thing and do the device need to be rooted?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Heskie

May 19, 2012
Visit site

Totally agree - it works like a dream (and no nightmares yet either!) I just hope it's as good when the official Samsung/Orange UK ICS rollout is installed, whenever that happens.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Android Central Forums

kurosenpai

May 22, 2012
Visit site
Can't wait to pick up the note! Ics would make even better!

better pick it up fast. best phone ever i can tell u that. GNote is such a beast already and ICS is gonna make it even better. But what would happen if Samsung suddenly released an official statement saying " there would be no update fot GNote, sorry guys "
I will like throw my galaxy note straight into the drain.

Sent from My Galaxy Note

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawiss