Like Tree5Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Droids!

Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Where is our ICS?

When are we getting ICS on our international? I know Samsung said Q2, but I bought an off contract expecting to get ICS well before AT&T and other released GNote. Now I see a Sprint phone with ICS....

Could have saved 400 bones and upgraded on AT&T....screwed again. Ha

ROM
    Liquid[JB] / beastmode

Default Re: Where is our ICS?

Are you sure the had the stock ICS from Samsung? They are supposed to roll it out for ALL GNote phones in Q2. If you want ICS and you are ready to flash try the Stunner Rom, its the best ICS rom for GNote as of now.

Global Posts
    225 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by jflexe99 View Post
    When are we getting ICS on our international? I know Samsung said Q2, but I bought an off contract expecting to get ICS well before AT&T and other released GNote. Now I see a Sprint phone with ICS....

Could have saved 400 bones and upgraded on AT&T....screwed again. Ha
    Same here, I can't believe that ATT has leaked and ours hasn't. But I still don't regret the purchase (cause I hated the ATT capacitive buttons model)

I'm not tempted enough to root just yet to get ICS. I'm hoping for a stock ROM soon.
    The never ending pursuit of one device to rule them all, and Exceptional espresso...

ROM
    Liquid[JB] / beastmode

Quote Originally Posted by JtothaR View Post
    I'm hoping for a stock ROM soon.
    I agree with you there, i tried some other ROMs and my favourite one is still the Stock with Touchwiz.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    10,329 Global Posts

Honestly, I can wait for ICS.. the Galaxy Note offers the best out of box experience I ever had on an Android device. It's the first Android device I owned that I didn't feel like I "needed" to change it.
    Thanked by 2:
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  
    Droids!

Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I want to get an OTA update. I flashed other devices...eh...Ill take a look at Stunner ROM, first I ever heard of it.

is there any leaks with the premium suite yet?

no premium suite leak still...

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

I've been wondering when or even if ?? my galaxy note will get its ICS UPGRADE !! All they think about is more ruddy fones : Samsung you'd better hurry up or i will go to another brand : its time you payed back your existing customers with some benefits and upgrades you charge enough for the ruddy fones !!! ALL PROFIT I BET : Losing my patience very fast SAMSUNG !! Speed up ?? the gs3 works on virtually the same speck yupp !! get your act 2gether please !!
    very annoyed note user !!!!!!!!
    DAS

Global Posts
    976 Global Posts

I guess I look at this differently, and that's okay I suppose.

When I first saw the Note back in September of 2011, i decided right then that this was the device for me.

I purchased the Note on launch day, and with Gingerbread as the OS. Frankly, I don't much care if the Note gets ICS, because for me it never weighed into my decision to own the device.

When Samsung announced they would be upgrading the Note to ICS, and include a "premium suite" of additional S-Pen apps to go along with the upgrade, this news was just gravy on the cake.

IMO, what makes this device stand out from any other devices on the market is not the OS, but rather the flexibility, efficiency, portability, and usefulness of having a 5.3 inch screen, which in my case eliminates the need to carry and own both a smartphone and tablet.

But, again this is just my situation, and I suppose there are others who see an ICS upgrade as the priority.

Right now I can't think of one ICS device that would cause me to move away from the Note. Primarily because not one of them has a 5.3 inch screen, and note taking capabilities, that renders the purchase of an add-on tablet unnecessary.
    DAS

Global Posts
    976 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Parsons View Post
    Honestly, I can wait for ICS.. the Galaxy Note offers the best out of box experience I ever had on an Android device. It's the first Android device I owned that I didn't feel like I "needed" to change it.
    Ditto!

Global Posts
    225 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

And the first time where I liked TouchWhiz and wasnt in a hurry to go to AOKP/Vanilla.
    The never ending pursuit of one device to rule them all, and Exceptional espresso...

Personaly I have SGN Free
    To day i have install germen version of ics 4.0.3 that run normaly and batterie life is good. Other think all apps works perfectly

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Android Central Forums
    ATT.Fan1982 likes this.

Has anyone recieved the ICS update as of yet?

Global Posts
    225 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by DirkCoetsee View Post
    Has anyone recieved the ICS update as of yet?

I Just flashed it manually through Odin. It was a breeze. Check XDA for the downloads you will need and instructions.

Quote Originally Posted by JtothaR View Post
    I Just flashed it manually through Odin. It was a breeze. Check XDA for the downloads you will need and instructions.
    Ok. Great!!! You don't perhaps have the link? I am a noob on the forum thing and do the device need to be rooted?

Totally agree - it works like a dream (and no nightmares yet either!) I just hope it's as good when the official Samsung/Orange UK ICS rollout is installed, whenever that happens.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Android Central Forums

Can't wait to pick up the note! Ics would make even better!

Quote Originally Posted by Photon4glover View Post
    Can't wait to pick up the note! Ics would make even better!
    better pick it up fast. best phone ever i can tell u that. GNote is such a beast already and ICS is gonna make it even better. But what would happen if Samsung suddenly released an official statement saying " there would be no update fot GNote, sorry guys "
    I will like throw my galaxy note straight into the drain.

Sent from My Galaxy Note

I just got the update a few minutes ago. I cant wait for it

Sent from My Galaxy Note

Quote Originally Posted by kurosenpai View Post
    I just got the update a few minutes ago. I cant wait for it

Sent from My Galaxy Note
    Noooo, are you serious... We are still waiting for it here in South Africa... Not nice

But you must please keep us posted on how it perfoms and on the premium suite....

Quote Originally Posted by DirkCoetsee View Post
    Noooo, are you serious... We are still waiting for it here in South Africa... Not nice

But you must please keep us posted on how it perfoms and on the premium suite....

im from Malaysia, first i searched the updates using OTA but nothing showed up. Then i had a thought of connecting my Note to Kies using my computer. Then a firmware update windows suddenly showed up saying theres a latest version of firmware. Weird that OTA is actually a bit useless sometimes. Anyways, i continue and there, a new window showed up saying that im about to upgrade to ICE CREAM SANDWICH. I stop the firmware upgrade a few hours ago because something came up, but im continuing now, i keep you guys posted. Anyways, my friends from india says that they got the update already. Weird that u still havent got it...

ive finished the updates and it took quite a long time for me. As uve may read and watch reviews ans previews about ICS, yes it seems that my gnote is smoother and faster and one thing that stands out is the battery life. My battery lasts longer compare to.before.the updates. And the multi tasking is just perfect!

Sent from My Galaxy Note

I contacted Orange (UK) via Twitter (@OrangeHelpers) for news on Android 4.0 coming to the Note. They replied 28th May: 'We haven't got any info on that yet ... We will tweet as soon as we do.'
    I did tweet back that their techies must know something about it, but didn't see any response to that.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note (on Orange UK)

Update.
    Ran Kies, it updated itself, then when I connected my Note, via USB, automatically up came the firmware update notification.
    Now successfully updated to ICS.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note (on Orange UK)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast