ICS for note

Dlanod

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Seems to be rolling out in Europe today. Germany at least and some reports of the Netherlands. Nothing for me in the UK so far.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

kwilsonjr

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
How do you update Kies?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Android Central Forums

Just open Kies on your computer. When it starts up it should ask you to update it. If not just click 'help-update'.

as soon as it is updated it will ask you if you want install new firmware. say yes and your done. Make sure your battery has over 50% charge on it.

JtothaR

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
Huh? Much easier?!? You gotta be kidding.

Plug your phone into your computer, start Kies and hit 'update'. How can it possibly be any easier?

IF you have the german edition.... OTHERWISE, doing what you recommend nets -zero- result.

So:

-Put your phone into download mode (Vol down+Home+Pwr button)

-Run odin (as administrator in Win 7)

-Plug in your phone through USB

-Navigate to the downloaded ROM file under the "PDA" header

-Flash the rom

-Phone reboots itself into ICS and updates apps

But by all means, If you want to sit there and plug into Kies and have it say that your phone is "up to date" then go right ahead.

Mstaya

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I have the Galaxy Note GT N7000. I live in Missouri and got it unlocked. I noticed an update of 318.89MB. It is almost downloaded now. I am sure it is ICS - could be nothing else.

Cyborg16

May 18, 2012
Visit site
Got my update yesterday in Belgium. :)
Ice cream sandwish 4.0.3 from Samsung, regret a bit the "tron" widget style and the option is in list mode without icons but it's fast!
And the S-Pen responds really, really better, I Don't know yet for the battery life.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar