Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Default Re: Battery Disconnected Warning

Aw man, this is great! I have an Exhibit II that kept doing this exact thing so I took the battery out and threw the F**ker at the wall! Worked like a charm! Next time it messes up I think I'll grab a hammer and give it the what for

No seriously, I threw this p.o.s. at the wall and it stopped giving me the ridiculous battery disconnected warning.

Thumbs up Re: Battery Disconnected Warning

This is the best solution I've got.......My Note's screen was flickering and suddley my phone alreted me "battery disconnected" and the phone swited off....After many fail attempt to resatrt my phone...I came across this post and as I was already frustrated I dropprd my phone from the table....and BAM! it started working again...weirdest and best solution I've seen till date

It's working , you are a legend

- - - Updated - - -

IT'S WORKING , YOU ARE A LEGEND

I just tried it. My Samsung Galaxy Note (AT&T) fell in the sink. I grabbed it before it got too wet, and I let it air out,wiped it off, and all that. My phone is not charging properly yet, but it did connect to the computer via USB properly, which it was not doing a minute ago. it started working after I dropped it on the carpet... I am going to keep dropping it, and hopefully the battery will charge properly, before I get up @ *am. I am till going to order another battery from Amazon.com for my phone in the case that this issue doesn't get resolved.

It worked on my Samsung S3...
    Cheers

Drop my note? Dumbest **** I ever heard. Then I looked all over the internet and couldn't find a better solution...So I just dropped one of my Note II's a couple times and OMG problem solved...my hat is off to all of you brave souls lol because this totally worked. :-) amazing stuff in the phone world
    Adrian Bernard likes this.

Tech support say the correct procedure is to hit it on the screen with a claw hammer.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

I hesitated to try the "drop my phone" method until, as so many before me, I could not find a viable option that worked. I dropped it onto my carpeted living room floor from a height of about 2 ft. Dang if the silly thing didn't begin to charge when I got it plugged in. Prior to that all I got was a "battery disconnected" notice when I plugged it in to charge - thank you for posting this solution. The only other way I would have discovered it would be by throwing it out of frustration and that probably would have led to different results.

Ten minutes and it is still charging!!

Thanks again for the post!
    Nat
    Thanked by:

Talking Re: Battery Disconnected Warning

My phone woke me up this morning with a battery disconect warning. I got frustrated since I had just 10% of my battery.I tried everything; take the battery off,wipe the battery contacts,restart and backup my phone,put a clip on the top of the battery, but nothing worked out. I decided to read some forums and found this one. Thought they were just trolling by saying that the way to fix it was drop the phone like 2ft height. I was like what the hell,lets do it , I gotta buy another phone anyways. so I dropped it couple times firts without the battery and then with it.. I plugged the charger and tan tan It started charging magically.

Is unbelievable,but really works.

Thank you so much.

LOL. I dropped my phone today and I think this CAUSED the problem. I tried plugging in my phone 30 minutes later and I got the dreaded message.
    Drop it again? Hahahahaha this is so dumb.
    I cleaned the contacts with alcohol and a qtip, then grabbed a needle and scratched off a little metal on the battery contacts.
    It seems to be working, for now.

did it work immediately

coz i have throwed my phone twice on the table and i am still facing the same error. ?

I discovered the same problem this morning with my S3 when plugging it in. Just so happens this is the very first time I did not charge my phone overnight! Tried to charge it on about 5 different charging cords. Called Sprint and they said first step is to blow some air into the port for the charger. Believe it or not, it worked. I presume with all the exposure phones have to fibers, dust, and fuzz, there's bound to be a little buildup in that port. Think about it, between pockets and handbags it's gonna happen eventually. So before you decide to DROP your phone and risk damage, just blow into the port and see if that works first. Troubleshoot first, drop phone LAST!

Global Posts
    6,279 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Quote Originally Posted by Tisch0791 View Post
    I discovered the same problem this morning with my S3 when plugging it in. Just so happens this is the very first time I did not charge my phone overnight! Tried to charge it on about 5 different charging cords. Called Sprint and they said first step is to blow some air into the port for the charger. Believe it or not, it worked. I presume with all the exposure phones have to fibers, dust, and fuzz, there's bound to be a little buildup in that port. Think about it, between pockets and handbags it's gonna happen eventually. So before you decide to DROP your phone and risk damage, just blow into the port and see if that works first. Troubleshoot first, drop phone LAST!
    I'm with you on this. I don't think I could ever intentionally drop my phone.

from my Sony XTZ via Tapatalk IV
    Live long and prosper.

i got the same problem... what can i do to fix it

Thumbs up Re: Battery Disconnected Warning

Wow! Thank you for the suggestion. With the case on, I dropped my phone from a height of two feet on to my wooden coffee table and it worked!!!
    It is now taking a charge! Go figure!

This actually works .... after a one foot drop to the floor, no more of that stupid battery disconnected crap....and my phone n7000 charges.... Unbelievable people...Unbelievable...could somebody maybe a techie explain how a stupid trick like this works?

my Galaxy 3 after somehow little higher humidity -yes good rainstorm- started the flash light on and of, even when deleting the android tools .... Finally the "BATTERY DISCONNECTED" message each time try connect/charge, even after taking out battery few times and restart.
    Came to this forum and tried the dropping, NOTHING ... tried second time ... NOTHING
    so guess somewhere still some other problem maybe ...
    ANY ADVICE before tomorrow or Monday go to try find a Samsung mobile service place here on Bali

OMG !!! I thought it was a joke but after reading the comments I tried this stupid advice and it really works, omg !!! Thank you guys

this actually worked for me! I dropped it 2 ft in it's case and it immediately began charging without the error message! THANK YOU whoever figured this out and shared!

waoh!! thanks it works fine.

I was leery about dropping it, but then I remember the same sort of impact fix worked on my iPad.

The iPad screen was dead. It was recognized by computer...made sounds but a dead screen. Was ready to scrap it when I founf a forum that said to bang it really hard face down on your knee. Now apple products seem to break pretty easy so I started to tap lightly...It wasnt working...I thought, what the hell, I am going to junk it anyway so I started to hit hard on my knee and viola, the screen came back on and I have had that a year since...

Needless to say, when I dropped my Galaxy and it worked it made me wonder how much $$ Samsung and Apple make on replacements that really don't need to be replaced.

Thanks for the post.

rbiowa, you are right. it worked for me too... i will also like to share this solution with you as well.... just take out the battery, Sim card and also the SD card.. Plug in the charger without the battery and press the power button for 10seconds... you are good to go....

I had this problem to and it did my head in,,,,i tried all of the comments on this page and still had the problem.But i looked closer i could see 3 prongs that meet the battery when you place it in the handset and the middle 1 prong on my phone was stook inwards.So with a little flick with tweezers it relaesed and now my phone charges again WOOP WOOP

just thought ide share for you all

Thank's

Veni, vidi, vici. Had the same problem (Verizon S3), tried the same solution (dropped onto my dresser from a 2 foot height), got the same result (it worked!). I agree that looking at other stuff first (checking prongs, making sure the porthole is clear) makes sense. In my case, I didn't see anything wrong, so I went for it and no problem. Props to Samsung for making a sturdy phone (my dresser has a marble top!), but shame on them for making such sorry USB ports.

HaHaHaHaHa!! I cannot believe i even contemplated doin it biut i dropped it and OMFG!!! the battery warning went away and its now charging!!! Happy Days!!! Cheers (Y)

- - - Updated - - -

OMFG!!! IT WORKED I
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12