Anyone using Nova Launcher?

bentheslayer

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys, is anyone using Nova Launcher? I'm interested in trying it out to get the ICS look but I was wondering about two things before I do:

1) Does it retain the Note's 5 rows of icons on each screen, rather than the usual 4 of other devices? All the screenshots I've seen are from other devices with 4.

2) Do the S Pen optimisations still work e.g. double-tap to launch S Memo?

Thanks

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Just downloaded the Nova launcher and it's working pretty well.

I know it's only $4 for the Prime version, and i'll probably will just pay it, but I sure wish the number counter for email and SMS was available on the free version. It's the only option on the paid version that's a must have for me.

Galaxy Note! Phone. Tablet. Planner. Notepad. eReader. The only device I need!

kurosenpai

May 22, 2012
Visit site
I was using nova prime and it was fantastic. Nova is simple yet very attractive. One thing i think that is kinda annoying is that 5 x 1, 5 x 2... Doesnt really fit into the home screen. So the original galaxy note widgets doesn't fit on the nova home screen. Other than that, everything else is just amazing.

Sent from My Galaxy Note

bentheslayer

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Thanks to all for the replies. I've gone ahead and installed Nova and I'm loving it, and I think I'll upgrade to the paid version soon. My Note now (almost) resembles an enormous Nexus, and I can't think of anything better than that!

The only negative I've found so far is the loss of some of the Touchwiz Widgets, particularly the S Planner one which I found useful, but I knew that this would happen. If anyone can recommend a free calendar app with a good widget that syncs with Google Calendar I'd appreciate it :)

bentheslayer

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for that, I found a version of the stock ICS Calendar app (I was used to the stock app from my Nexus One) and I'm happily using that for now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz